ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

yozza sport race exhaust

Clio 172 Cup
Hi Guyz, ive had a yozza sport race exhaust on my clio cup now for quite a while. Ive been having some running problems with the car as of late, limp home mode etc and im pretty sure it has something to do with the exhaust. Recently i have been told my a couple of mechanics that the exhaust doesnt really fit the car properly and as a result the exhaust mounts are de-grading quite quickly. I think their reasoning is that basically on the very rear of the exhaust on the back box there are 2 steel arms that attach to the car to support the exhaust, one is attached to the rear mount but the other is attached to nothing as there is nothing to attach it to. So the unsupported weight is giving me problems. Does anyone know if this is how it is supposed to be ?

Thanks.

ph1 172
I have a yozza race system and the quality and fit is second to none. Far better than the other 2 exhausts I had previously.

As for the idle problem I doubt its the exhaust causing it tbh. Possibly lambda sensor or something else. Getting a garage to put a code reader/diagnostics on it would be a good start!

Not sure what you mean about the 2 arms either? Mine has a bracket with one arm that sits in the rear mount. Its always best to support the standard mounts with rubber/hydraulic pipe aswell as there really weak.

Get some pics of the 2 arms up!

Clio 172 Cup
ye ill get some pics up tomorrow. Its because i just recently had a cat put back on it and the garage that did it didnt quite do it right and the exhaust is blowing on the joint causing my emissions light to come on or so Renault say.

I would check:

Idle Rev Sensor - Faulty - Only thing that would put it into limp home mode that I have experienced
Replace Lamda Sensors - Aged or Coked Up, especially having not been on the car for a while
Ring Gasket between Manifold & Cat - will cause the blow. The join between Cat & Centre section is flanged. Use a little UHT silicon on the join, with no metal or paper gasket - this will offer the best seal.

/y0z

Lionel Richie
Hi Guyz, ive had a yozza sport race exhaust on my clio cup now for quite a while. Ive been having some running problems with the car as of late, limp home mode etc and im pretty sure it has something to do with the exhaust. Recently i have been told my a couple of mechanics that the exhaust doesnt really fit the car properly and as a result the exhaust mounts are de-grading quite quickly. I think their reasoning is that basically on the very rear of the exhaust on the back box there are 2 steel arms that attach to the car to support the exhaust, one is attached to the rear mount but the other is attached to nothing as there is nothing to attach it to. So the unsupported weight is giving me problems. Does anyone know if this is how it is supposed to be ?

Thanks.

pics?? sounds nothing like a YS system, we only use 1 rear hanger on the backbox, and its the lightest system on the market

oh and slap your "mechanics" for me then give me a call

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
I can also confirm my yozza race system only has one hanger on the rear. Get some pics up mate