ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Yozzasport Zaust fitted today!

Clio Trophy #123
Got my exhaust fitted today at "Exhaust a fix" in Darlington.

He had a problem fitting it to the Cat as the Yozza exhaust was straight (at the bit that joins the Cat) and the Cat is at an angle.. Therefore the exhaust, at that bit, is lower than the standard!!! :S

Also the tail pipes do not stick out as much as the OE. In fact, they are, about 1/2 a cm inside the rear bumper. Although they are about 1-2 cms below it.

Sounds VERY nice but just a bit concerned that me rear bumper will be melting shortly.

Anyone else had this problem? And has your bumper melted like the wicked witch?
:wink:

White Sti Hatch
Could it be the fact the fitter cout your old exhaust to short to have the yozza sitting right at the bumper ??

Clio Trophy #123
Could it be the fact the fitter cout your old exhaust to short to have the yozza sitting right at the bumper ??

The old exhaust was taken off from the cat and the Yozza system is a "Cat Back" system therefore, no cutting is/was required.

:)

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
I'd be very unhappy if it was my exhaust . I doubt it'll be the exhaust as they'll most likely be made in a jig so they are all the same . I'd put it down to the exhaust fitter myself . Maybe try somewhere else and see what they say .

Clio Trophy #123
I'd be very unhappy if it was my exhaust . I doubt it'll be the exhaust as they'll most likely be made in a jig so they are all the same . I'd put it down to the exhaust fitter myself . Maybe try somewhere else and see what they say .

I was there when he was fitting it and I could not see any other way to get it to fit the Cat without it dropping the front section down a bit to join up / align.

Although Im no exhaust expert. (obviously) LOL

:rasp:

Tangoed Works
Sounds like that angle is making a difference. If it was angled like the cat then im guessing that your tailpipes would protrude as meant, from the rear bumper.

Either that or yours has been shunted from the rear at some stage being the exhaust / manifold assembly slightly.

Clio Trophy #123
Sounds like that angle is making a difference. If it was angled like the cat then im guessing that your tailpipes would protrude as meant, from the rear bumper.

Either that or yours has been shunted from the rear at some stage being the exhaust / manifold assembly slightly.

That angle makes all the difference.

It is the actual cat angle though, Not bent etc. The cat has a manufactued backwards angle to it.

ie... " / " < is the Cat angle...

The Yozza is " ! "

"!"+ "/" = mismatch!

If the Cat angle was straight (or the Yozza was angled "/" ) then it would have been an easy job.

But...erm...it wasn't. :S :S

Clio Trophy #123
Looking at the above evidence, me lord, can you deduct what he has done wrong with the fitting?

If so, Ill be back, with said information, to get it rectified asap.

:cool:

-KarL-

ClioSport Club Member
hmmm not heard good things about that place :(

where abouts in darlington you from? never seen you about before

Clio Trophy #123
I had a good few reviews about them tbh from friends.

Harrogate Hill Im from! Ive had a 172, a 172 cup a 182 a VX220 and then back to a 182 Trophy (bought last week)

;)

Will I fitted my brothers 2 weeke ago and was the best exhausted I've ever fitted best thing to do is Ring Andrew at Yozzasport Monday see what he says

megan R26.R number 006
i would say that your cat has worn with your old exhaust and that's what the issue is and i have seen a new cat and they are strate as my cat was out quite a bit but the ys system fitted OK with a bit of exhaust sealant

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2
sounds weird, i never had a problem, was the guy blind?

We had a car in a couple of weeks ago that seems to have the same problem with the tailpipes being sat behind the bumper. Fred, is there any adjustment in the system as most have a sleeve joint at the front and if it has been pushed in too far this could could cause the tailpipes to sit too far in? It was in for a remap so we did not have the car on the ramp.

David.

Lionel Richie
no adjustment dave, the're made in a jig so are always spot on, plus you'll find when the thing gets hot the tailpipes actaully "move" due to expansion (sounds a bit far fetched i know, but it happens!)

we had some problems with people fitting cheapo decats, but normally were ok

Mondeo TDCI 130
Fred, do you have a email address or cantact details?? i have a query, you may be able to help!! PM me if ya wish!!

Cheers.