ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Zeit's Ph1 1.4 Project

It was 58mm on my 1.4 16v, yours is most likely the same :) I think i linked you to the coilovers i got - they can be had on the cheap for about £248/best offer on ebay to £220.
They look good, but the ride will be pretty stiff, if your sunroof doesn't squeak now, it will after haha.

hm mines the 8v alizé though.
It was squeeking when I opened it (mum never used it when she had the car) so I put some WD40 in it and it's fine now :p
I'm just unsure of how low I can go due to my stupid driveway, it's like this /\ haha.

hm mines the 8v alizé though.
It was squeeking when I opened it (mum never used it when she had the car) so I put some WD40 in it and it's fine now :p
I'm just unsure of how low I can go due to my stupid driveway, it's like this /\ haha.

Hmmm i'm not sure, I'd imagine they have the same hubs though, you /can/ check if you have the car maybe up on a kerb and put it on absolute maximum lock, you might get a ruler to the bolts.

Hmmm i'm not sure, I'd imagine they have the same hubs though, you /can/ check if you have the car maybe up on a kerb and put it on absolute maximum lock, you might get a ruler to the bolts.

I had it up on the jack earlier and checked, it looked about 52 from the center of each bolt, just wondered what yours was to double check. Some of the ones I've found online say 52mm when I select my car. Pretty sure it's 52 now. I can always return them if they're not I guess!
​Just gotta save the pennies now haha

Thanks Danbillabong! Hopefully doing a few little maintenance and tidying bits this weekend like insulating up headlight wires and fitting some new bulbs! Nothing like dismantling the whole front on a saturday then cursing and swearing until the passenger side headlight somehow slips back into place!

I'm also open to suggestions from anyone on things to add to it!

You can probably be lucky enough to find one the right colour as well, I've never seen another clio the same colour as mine!

Small Update!

This arrived in the post today :D

umksQ7H.jpg

ezkp2Tz.jpg

wf1IW82.jpg

Got it for a bargain £110!
Going to get a price from a few places to get it painted, then get it on :)

Got these today - excl the HIDs, they're already fitted.

Plan is to remove the dual optics, and replace them with my standard lights, then remake the loom that split the H4 block into the HB3 and H7 connections, with proper plugs for the bulb holder, then wire them into a relay so that the dipped switch turns on the HIDs on the HB3 connection and also provides a positive feed to the relay.
Then the full-beam switch activates the coil in the relay, switching the circuit to provide a path from the positive feed on the relay, through to the dipped and full beam. That should in theory feed the dipped and full beam since I don't have the fuse position for the dual optics.

Provided it all goes well - I'll use photos of the assembly and write it up for others who get tripped up by it as much as I have!

C50gJmW.jpg

Shall be interesting to see if you get it all working!

Have some s**t news about mine, some c**t broke into it on Saturday night so I need a new front passenger window and passenger door lock barrel.
However I'm thinking of just removing the barrel and using some fibreglass+metal mesh to delock it.

Did you get the cup spoiler painted and fitted?

Shall be interesting to see if you get it all working!

Have some s**t news about mine, some c**t broke into it on Saturday night so I need a new front passenger window and passenger door lock barrel.
However I'm thinking of just removing the barrel and using some fibreglass+metal mesh to delock it.

Did you get the cup spoiler painted and fitted?

It will be interesting indeed! I'm wondering how many other things will stop working when i get the headlights working!

That's really unfortunate about your car, hopefully a window won't cost you too much!

Got a few quotes to get the spoiler painted, looks like it's gonna cost me about another £100 odd to get it done, so once bills are paid, that'll be next!

It will be interesting indeed! I'm wondering how many other things will stop working when i get the headlights working!

That's really unfortunate about your car, hopefully a window won't cost you too much!

Got a few quotes to get the spoiler painted, looks like it's gonna cost me about another £100 odd to get it done, so once bills are paid, that'll be next!

Haha, be careful :) !

Window was £20 plus £8 postage from renparts, not too bad. Stole my £80 iPod classic I got off of amazon like 2 months ago though! :(

Ouch man, that's expensive! Didn't think it would be so much for a little spoiler like that :|
Maybe you can prepare it yourself to save some costs?
Might even be able to supply the paint for them too.

Haha, be careful :) !

Window was £20 plus £8 postage from renparts, not too bad. Stole my £80 iPod classic I got off of amazon like 2 months ago though! :(

Ouch man, that's expensive! Didn't think it would be so much for a little spoiler like that :|
Maybe you can prepare it yourself to save some costs?
Might even be able to supply the paint for them too.

That's pretty good for a window! sucks about the ipod though - covered under home insurance maybe?
I remember some knobs put a huge rugby ball-sized piece of concrete through the passenger window of my fiesta, didn't even unlock the car or steal anything, just let all the snow get in ffs :( That cost me about £50 for a window i think, incl fitting.

I didn't think it was too bad - it was roughly what i budgeted for painting, that'll make the cost of it about £210 all in, plus it'll have resale value if I ever return the car to standard.
I doubt it would save me much if anything, as they'd probably do all the prepwork anyway and i'd like to think a bodyshop will have/be able to get the paint! Just gotta book a few days off work to get it sorted as they're only open 9-5 and i'm in work 9-5:30 :(

Tempted to get some spray cans of my paint and do my sidestrips myself as they don't have to be /amazing/ looking and i think it'd really help the car!

That's pretty good for a window! sucks about the ipod though - covered under home insurance maybe?
I remember some knobs put a huge rugby ball-sized piece of concrete through the passenger window of my fiesta, didn't even unlock the car or steal anything, just let all the snow get in ffs :( That cost me about £50 for a window i think, incl fitting.

I didn't think it was too bad - it was roughly what i budgeted for painting, that'll make the cost of it about £210 all in, plus it'll have resale value if I ever return the car to standard.
I doubt it would save me much if anything, as they'd probably do all the prepwork anyway and i'd like to think a bodyshop will have/be able to get the paint! Just gotta book a few days off work to get it sorted as they're only open 9-5 and i'm in work 9-5:30 :(

Tempted to get some spray cans of my paint and do my sidestrips myself as they don't have to be /amazing/ looking and i think it'd really help the car!

I never registered the iPod with my home/gadget insurance :/
Not too bothered about it, it's mostly the fact that some scumbag broke my window/key barrel and went in my personal space v_v

Fitting the window myself so that should save some pennies at least :)

That's what I hate about working, companies etc want to contact you or you have deliveries etc but you can never sort it cos you're working too lol.

Do itttttt shall look even tidier! :)

I never registered the iPod with my home/gadget insurance :/
Not too bothered about it, it's mostly the fact that some scumbag broke my window/key barrel and went in my personal space v_v

Fitting the window myself so that should save some pennies at least :)

That's what I hate about working, companies etc want to contact you or you have deliveries etc but you can never sort it cos you're working too lol.

Do itttttt shall look even tidier! :)

That really sucks dude.

Yeah it's an annoying thing with work that anything needing done, also happens in those hours. thankfully, they're generally pretty good about giving time off when it's asked for, paid too! Plus they're alright with having things delivered here!

I really will have to, i've been saying about it for months, it's just having somewhere to do it! Any idea roughly how much paint primer and lacquer i'd need, think i'd be alright with a tin of each for side-strips?

Pressed plates looking good!
Don't know whether to do it to mine? Recommend it?

Whats going off with your cup spoiler! got it painted yet? or got a quote for a paint job?

Pressed plates looking good!
Don't know whether to do it to mine? Recommend it?

Whats going off with your cup spoiler! got it painted yet? or got a quote for a paint job?

They really do give it that nice little touch! I would say go for it! Mine were £24 and arrived the next day!
I got mine here:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pressed-M...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item1c2c7268ac

Got a quote to get the spoiler painted, They estimated 80-100quid and it'd be ready in a day or so. The only problem is they're only open mon-fri 9-5 and i work that time. I'm hoping I can maybe leave it in on my way to work in the morning and arrive a little late, then leave early the day it's ready and pick it up! If not, i've time off in a week and a half so i can get it done then!
Got the letter through the door today for tax also - £175 :( So That to pay on top, it'll be a pricey month!

80-100quid! whaaat that's mad. I would rub it in and say my brother professionally paints all my stuff for free haha but if you know someone local in the spraying trade they'll hook you up.
Life really though, its all about who you know in the end!

Gonna look good in the end though all worth it!
with the money ive spent on mine I actually could've just bought a 182.
But I love my little machine. its part of me now (;

80-100quid! whaaat that's mad. I would rub it in and say my brother professionally paints all my stuff for free haha but if you know someone local in the spraying trade they'll hook you up.
Life really though, its all about who you know in the end!

Gonna look good in the end though all worth it!
with the money ive spent on mine I actually could've just bought a 182.
But I love my little machine. its part of me now (;

yeah yeah rub it in ;) Some of us aren't lucky enough to have painters in the family!!
It's definitely all about who you know, and unfortunately, i know no one!

I'm excited for getting it done, yeah same - i probs could have bought a 182, but the insurance would kill me living in a dodgy province and with a claim against me!
but I love my 1.4 :)

That really sucks dude.

Yeah it's an annoying thing with work that anything needing done, also happens in those hours. thankfully, they're generally pretty good about giving time off when it's asked for, paid too! Plus they're alright with having things delivered here!

I really will have to, i've been saying about it for months, it's just having somewhere to do it! Any idea roughly how much paint primer and lacquer i'd need, think i'd be alright with a tin of each for side-strips?

I usually get it delivered to my mum's work place, though mine wouldn't mind either especially since I'm the one who usually signs for stuff anyway! haha

Do you not have a garage you could use? Keeps it out of the wind etc and hanging up some old rags will keep the paint from going everywhere. I don't have personal experience but I would say a small-ish tin would be enough, can't see it needing too much paint tbh. Spose you could order a bit too much just-in-case, then you'll have leftovers if you ever need a bit more or want to use it on the badges or something.

Little update: Today i finally got around to taking my Cup spoiler down to the paintshop to have it done up, they said it'd be a couple of days so i am excited!
Hopefully get it on for the weekend, if not, i'm off work all next week so i'll definitely do it then!

YESSSS!
Can't wait to see this :3

i love how excited you are about this haha! I've already recruited my 2nd pair of hands to help with fixing it in place. Other short term plans at the moment are still to tidy up the headlight wiring - the more i look at the relay problem, the more it stresses me out as I can't exactly work out how to get it to do what i want, without it becoming very complex, so i might just live with the split lights and swap in my original H4 lights for MOT.
Also to be done is my O/S front heko seems to have slipped/got pulled out of the channel so that'll need removed and re-taped. Hopefully the clip comes back out as last time they were a right ballache!

Then I want to get the car clean and tidy inside, maybe take care of a few niggly issues like bad earths - the indicator brings on the rear fog symbol and this has progressed to occasionally making the mileage display flicker in time so there's some water ingress somewhere!

i love how excited you are about this haha! I've already recruited my 2nd pair of hands to help with fixing it in place. Other short term plans at the moment are still to tidy up the headlight wiring - the more i look at the relay problem, the more it stresses me out as I can't exactly work out how to get it to do what i want, without it becoming very complex, so i might just live with the split lights and swap in my original H4 lights for MOT.
Also to be done is my O/S front heko seems to have slipped/got pulled out of the channel so that'll need removed and re-taped. Hopefully the clip comes back out as last time they were a right ballache!

Then I want to get the car clean and tidy inside, maybe take care of a few niggly issues like bad earths - the indicator brings on the rear fog symbol and this has progressed to occasionally making the mileage display flicker in time so there's some water ingress somewhere!

Haha!
I've lost motivation to do anything at all with mine after the window was broken etc so all my remaining excitement is being used on your car xD

Fitting the spoiler won't take long, only took like 5 mins to fit the sport one.

The clips for the heko are so annoying, I had to use a butter knife to slide them along. Was a total pain when I had to replace the window!! Bit of fresh double sided tape and it was fine tbh, should be same for yours :)

Haha!
I've lost motivation to do anything at all with mine after the window was broken etc so all my remaining excitement is being used on your car xD

Fitting the spoiler won't take long, only took like 5 mins to fit the sport one.

The clips for the heko are so annoying, I had to use a butter knife to slide them along. Was a total pain when I had to replace the window!! Bit of fresh double sided tape and it was fine tbh, should be same for yours :)

I've read it only takes 5-10minutes to take out the 6 screws, whip the spoiler off and fit the new one, but then it's all about getting it level and having the brakelight tucked away - which i'm sure i'll find doesn't work ahaha.

Yeah When i fitted my hekos first time, i didn't fit the clips right and accidently snapped the end of the deflector off with the window, then after getting stick of the windows not working right, i removed the front two, after a lot of swear and fighting with pliers, i got the clips out of the channel, retaped the deflector along the entire length, and refitted and it was fine for a bit, it looks like some knobend has pulled it off though T_T.

But yes, spoiler in the next few days/week, headlight wiring, new H7 bulbs (Osrams), take it for a little clean as well after all that, need retaxed in a fortnight, also got a new B-Pillar switch to fit for the internal lights, which NATURALLY, fell into the pillar, so getting it out is tricky.
Also need to pay some chap to seal my sunroof. The amount of rain in northern ireland is ludicrous!

Sorry for the no reply for donkeys! hahaa. Ive never been up around that way at all. I cant do shoot with my ride height, im a monster truck :(

Tell you something, this has came so so far. Dont count up how much youve spent on it. Youll only want to cry like me.

Fitted! It was bit of an ache to fit, it was sitting too hugh on the brakelight plug, which I ended up cutting off and just splicing together!
And thrn on the washer pipe, so I trimmed it a bit short and left it disconnected - no rear wiper anyway!
Will get some better pictures soon!
uploadfromtaptalk1377014355849.jpg

It's sitting a few mm's higher on the drivers side, but it's not noticeable really! I think this is pretty normal based on a few other posts, plus I didn't want to risk breaking anything pushing down on it!

uploadfromtaptalk1377017078883.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1377016989876.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1377017017170.jpg

That would be what I'm hoping for next! Just got to see what the money situation is like!
Also going to get the sides etc done, either by myself or drop it all into the place I had the spoiler done!