ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Zeit's Ph1 1.4 Project

Looking sweeeeeeeet!

Thanks man! Still a few things left I want to do, little bits of colouring and trim etc! I want to concentrate on a bit of maintenance too, like getting my super-sagging exhaust fixed into the proper mounts to stop it shaking over every bump! All money money money though! Tax to be done end of this month too I think, then MOT in two months after that!
I never did manage to get my relay wired up for my headlights, After staring at it for a looong time, I just couldn't work out exactly what i needed to do, and i don't know anyone electrically minded enough to assist me. I did however get my Osram Nightbreakers fitted, and binned the SMD mains i'd bought, so i can at least see when driving at night on unlit roads again. It's amazing the difference when i flick on the mains and the Blueness of the HIDs disappears and the vibrant yellow of the nightbreaks shines out, then the switch-over agian when i turn them off. Kinda neat!

Thanks man! Still a few things left I want to do, little bits of colouring and trim etc! I want to concentrate on a bit of maintenance too, like getting my super-sagging exhaust fixed into the proper mounts to stop it shaking over every bump! All money money money though! Tax to be done end of this month too I think, then MOT in two months after that!
I never did manage to get my relay wired up for my headlights, After staring at it for a looong time, I just couldn't work out exactly what i needed to do, and i don't know anyone electrically minded enough to assist me. I did however get my Osram Nightbreakers fitted, and binned the SMD mains i'd bought, so i can at least see when driving at night on unlit roads again. It's amazing the difference when i flick on the mains and the Blueness of the HIDs disappears and the vibrant yellow of the nightbreaks shines out, then the switch-over agian when i turn them off. Kinda neat!

How loud is that exhaust? Been wondering for a while haha

My headlights are terrible, I have a refurb kit but think I will leave it for when I get a new car after Christmas.
Not sure if I want an RS or a 5 door golf maybe a polo/lupo GTI. Decisions decisions!!

How loud is that exhaust? Been wondering for a while haha

My headlights are terrible, I have a refurb kit but think I will leave it for when I get a new car after Christmas.
Not sure if I want an RS or a 5 door golf maybe a polo/lupo GTI. Decisions decisions!!

I tried recording a video in the car today on my way to work! It's tricky because obviously i can't hold my phone as i drive and if i set it somewhere in the door, it rattles around a lot or you can't hear too much.
It can sound quite loud when you have the foot down, once you clear about 3.5-4k rpm, there's more noise from the K&N and the exhaust goes pretty loud, it's fairly screamy getting up the carrigeway in the morning! Always puts a smile on my face.

Get an RS! Everyone and his dog has a golf/polo/lupo. They're good cars but in my experience (here atleast) the dub/vag scene is just ugh. I suppose in the end they're all very the same, but the types of people it attracts are all Chino-snapbacked-eurodub bell*nds you want to crack with a hammer!!

Agreed, from what I've seen they're alot more fun to drive & half the price!

Only difference is they don't look good on a set of 3SDM's....

A Little update!
My rear o/s wheel was seized and upon inspection of the drum brakes, it was found that it had seized on and was overly adjusted and completely worn away.

Got the drum removed, and when we pulled it off, half of the bearing was seized onto the axle and half of it was still stuck in the drum:
UemobA3.jpg

We then went to grab the rest off it off the axle and it just fell to piece in his hands like it was made of wet paper!
pksMRpi.jpg

The old shoes were completely worn away on one side, and half worn away on the other. The arm that moves the brake on and off had completely seized.
NMJ2HFx.jpg

The other one was cleaned up and checked and was found to be the same, the cylinder on the n/s was wrecked and needed replaced too.
8wF3Ag7.jpg

New parts were gotten from the local motorfactors! 4x new shoes, 2x cylinders and 1x bearing.
aiIyKWP.jpg

New brakes all put together!
ItTmPqB.jpg

I've ordered up a few other bits and pieces to tidy a few things up,
New white interior festoons
Pair of spare door handles and mirror caps so i can send mine away with the side strips to be painted.
new mirror temperature sensor. My mirror has the hole for one, and the digits for it on the clock (though not illuminated) so i wanna see if that works!

It has indeed been a while, there's been no updates though. to be honest, not much has been needed done and i've been overwhelmingly busy with University and my final year.
I'm hoping to graduate in around 5 or so months, and was just fortunate enough to be offered a full-time position in my industrial placement job (IT Administration). On the back of Graduation and knowing i'll fall into a job afterwards - i'm saving my pennies for something a little more fun..

I've been doing the sums and i'm currently paying £980/yr to insure my clio with it's modifications, while granted insurance should go down each year instead of up, i've found out that for a teeny bit more (roughly 150 quid/yr odd) i can get this!
qWXYaGF.jpg

So i'm excited for the next few months to say the least. I'll definitely need the graduate job to pay for the fuel! So any further jobs on the clio will just be to tart it up for whenever i convince someone to buy it off me!

Attachments

• qWXYaGF.jpg
    qWXYaGF.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 47