ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Zetec Coil Pack

Clio Cup Racer
Looking at fitting a Zetec Coil Pack.

Got a Zetec Coil Pack and Connector to swap over. (Running Omex)

I was told on here the Renault leads should fit a Zetec Coil Pack - they dont seem to.

Looked at Zetec leads - the connector for going down to the spark plug is a lot shorter so not a option.

Any ideas?

Was northloopcup and Tony Hunter who said they had done this before.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
What is your reason for wanting a Zetec coil pack?

I'm not up on ECU's so may be speaking out of turn but I sell a lot of renaults and a lot of fords and the fords are infinately worse with regards to coilpack reliability! lol.

Clio Cup Racer
hmm your not the only one to say that. Its maybe not worth it.

Really looking to change over to better quality components from the Renault stuff. Had to swap to a Zetec crank sensor instead of the renault one so was going to change coil pack too.

Looking at the 2 leads (clio and zetec) the connector size is exactly the same so not sure why the leads aren't fitting - the holes are same diameter. The clio leads have a small C clip but even with this removed they still dont seem to fit on the zetec coil pack.

172 Race Car
Ours fits fine. Have you the later style ford coil pack?

ford-ka-ignition-coil-pack_693983_500.jpg

Akay

ClioSport Club Member
  Clubman Cooper S
Anyone got a part number? I could really do with one of these.

Clio Cup Racer
The one I got is for a Focus ST170.

What's the new one off or part no would be handy. :)

Also got a 2006 Fiesta ST one and the lead don't fit that so assume its really new?

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
I've just checked mine and the Renault leads fit spot on. The part number off my coil pack is: 988F-12029-AB 9309BA. Worse case scenario is either find one with that part number (you can just make out the number on jays as well in the picture) or just buy some new boots and connectors and crimp them on. You can buy them from vehicle wiring products.

Clio Cup Racer
This is the one I have and same design as Fiesta ST coil:

AmWzklvCAAMNkBe.jpg

Northloopcup - Ive searched everywhere but cant find 9309BA - ive seen a 6019BA.

[h=1]988F-12029-AB comes up with all different types.[/h]

172 Race Car
This is the one I have and same design as Fiesta ST coil:

View attachment 72544

Northloopcup - Ive searched everywhere but cant find 9309BA - ive seen a 6019BA.

988F-12029-AB comes up with all different types.
Thats the later one, thats no good. yes the one I pictured is the type we use. We have a Beru one from EuroCarParts.

Fits Ka, Focus, Fiesta, Mondeo around years 1998 to 2006

Clio Cup Racer
Ordered one last night. Will let you know how I get on when it arrives, thanks for everyones help. :hail::cheers:

172 Cup
Don't know if its any help but the Puma had 2 different types just in its 4 year run so searching for one off a particular model can still bring up both.