ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.2 16v 2004 How can i go faster (WITHOUT a sport)

Evo 6, E92 320d
Only worthwhile things to do with a 1.2 are exhaust and weightsaving. Worth doing a search as its been covered alot.

FN2 Type R GT
Useless asking anyone on here, they tend to not be very supportive when its not about sports...

But small gains would come from weight loss, strip interior and panel filter. Thats without going to town on the engine, maybe lower it for better handling as well (Closer to the ground you go the faster it feels ;))

Static Low
yeah people have seen some gains with stripping it out and an exhaust. if u have money to burn, do that and get a k-tec remap aswell. all a it of fun i suppose

alien green rs133
exhaust and de-cat helps, also get a cold air source filter fitted and you got maybe a bhp increase,

tbh ditch passengers and interior, low and loud and you will be laff'in :D

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Save for a sport/something faster.

It's not what you want to hear but its what makes sense.

S4 Avant
get some one to take you out in a sport, then maybe you'll understand why a 1.2 just isn't worth wasting money on

Inferno 182 w/ Recaros ;)
get some one to take you out in a sport, then maybe you'll understand why a 1.2 just isn't worth wasting money on

Exactly, there is always something better more worth spending dosh on.

I had a 1.2 mk3 clio once as a courtesy car. It was s**t. The gearbox was crap and the brakes were terrible. And there wasn't a lot of speed going on.

I guess some people are destined to modify cars. Me, I'll be saving up for something faster than my Clio.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
of course their's gains to be had, theres gains to be had on all cars, most people will tell you to buy a sport, i did, dont regret it one bit its an animal compaired to the 1.2 but if i could go back i wouldnt have saved my cash blowing all the money i spent on my old 1.2, it was awesome fun, worth every penny!

strip the thing bare, i had 2 front seats and half a dashboard at one point and it made a difference.

decent brakes (disks, pads, fluid and lines)
decent suspension (i used FK Silverline X Coilovers with PowerFlex polly bushes and welded a front strut brace in)
Keep your standard 15" wheels and get a set of decent tyres on them (i used 195/45/15 Eagle F1 GSD3's)

engine mods are up to you, i got small gains from not that much money, but its up to yourself (i had a custom cat back system, decat pipe, modified airbox, HKS pannel filter and skimmed a bit off the head to raise the compression a tad, made all the difference!)

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
god knows probably end up costing thousands lol wasnt sure how strong the standard internals were so was just gonna play about n see what they could take!

fitting wouldnt have been a problem, just make a new alternator bracket to fit the charger above the alternator, get a larger belt to run the charger, some custom piping and a front mount intercooler done!

the hard part is getting it running, would probably need standalone engine management not sure how good the standard ecu is, not sure what the injectors can take, same goes for fuel pump (although im sure i read the fuel pump is the same across the range so should be fine)

then once u get it running who knows how long it will last before something gives way! lol

cock mobile.
Get some top of the line brakes and suspension.

You can then brake later and get round corners better. Point to point this will make the car faster.

320d
Buy a sport ;)

The best thing you can do to a 1.2 16v would be exhaust with decat. Strip it out get good tyres i.e. PE2's or F1's, coilies and some have had good results from the remap, which may suit if you get it decatted.

Personally though i would leave it and then sell it and get something faster with more modding potential thats my plan personally.

MCS R56
Buy a sport ;)

The best thing you can do to a 1.2 16v would be exhaust with decat. Strip it out get good tyres i.e. PE2's or F1's, coilies and some have had good results from the remap, which may suit if you get it decatted.

Personally though i would leave it and then sell it and get something faster with more modding potential thats my plan personally.

I refer you to the title...