ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.4 16v 2006 Clio x65 Won't Start

Clio 2006
Hi all.
Driving to work and the car literally cut out and hasn't started since.
This is what i've checked so far:
1/ Crank Position sensor - Records 220ohms and changes resistance when metal is passed by. This was tested up to the ECU plug and produces av voltage of about 1 - 3 VAC. Cleaned it and put it back in.
2/ Pulled off the fuel rail and it primes and pumps fuel up to the fuel rail.
3/ Tested No1 fuel injector and produced a voltage when i turned it over.
I would like to know if the CTS Coolant Temperature Sensor would stop this from starting but i have no idea where it is. I'm thinking if it appears faulty to the ECU ie too hot it would stop the car from starting.

Does anyone know where it is or could you offer any other advice of what to look for as i'm out of ideas.
Thanks in advance.

Clio 2006
Hi all.
Driving to work and the car literally cut out and hasn't started since.
This is what i've checked so far:
1/ Crank Position sensor - Records 220ohms and changes resistance when metal is passed by. This was tested up to the ECU plug and produces av voltage of about 1 - 3 VAC. Cleaned it and put it back in.
2/ Pulled off the fuel rail and it primes and pumps fuel up to the fuel rail.
3/ Tested No1 fuel injector and produced a voltage when i turned it over.
I would like to know if the CTS Coolant Temperature Sensor would stop this from starting but i have no idea where it is. I'm thinking if it appears faulty to the ECU ie too hot it would stop the car from starting.

Does anyone know where it is or could you offer any other advice of what to look for as i'm out of ideas.
Thanks in advance.
Appears there isn't any compression but the valves are moving when you look through the oil filler.
If it was lacking compression because of a slipped timing belt why would there be no injectors firing.

Any one?????