ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.4 GT cylinder head into a 14 RT/RN bloc

Hi,

Does any body know if a R5 1.4 GT top end will fit a clio 1.4 top end?

Don’t go telling me to get a conversion coz I don’t have the cash!!! Not 2k anyhow!

All am looking to do is straight swap the cams, turbo, inlet/outlet manifold pressured carb, the full cylinder head basically.

My question is will the R5 1.4 GT bolt straight onto the RT/RN1.4?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks Danny

Errrrr. i hate Renault!, why cant they be like Vauxhall? a bit of welding here an there, and any engine will fit!! i was planning on doing it myself, well me an some mates that’s spent the past 4 year of there life @ collage learning how an engine works!

i wanna clio 2.0L turbo!!!. do Renault have any 2.0L turbo engines? fed up of the nova boys!!! especially when you go to the cruses where there are 15,000 of them lined up revving the little 1.2i engine to the point of it popping through the bonnet.

Thanks, Danny

what about the 1.9 diesel engine mounts? sourly they cant be the same as the 1.4? the 1.9 lump must weigh a tone! has anyone looked into the rough?

Thanks, Danny

um, impossible cause water and oil channels dont line up..and one major difficulty being that the GTT head is a pushrod affair and the Rt is a OHC.

and yes, Renault is a b*****d when ti comes to interchangeability...which is why i run with fords now......theyre faster anyway.....:p

FRST and 106 GTi

I should slap you in the face Ben, but you are right.

Ford is great when chaging engine bits... from CVH you can ZVH etc etc zetec head.

moding a RS Turbo is the best you can make... from std 1.6lts to 2.1lts with T4