ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.6 dynamique

Grier

ClioSport Club Member
  A clio...
So i bit the bullet and went and bought a 1.6 dynamique, my insurance company is now minted, this does mean for the next 2 months i wont have much cash for mods but will try scrape the pennies together bu it's beent a hard night so will upload some pics of the wee beasty tomorrow:)

Grier

ClioSport Club Member
  A clio...
Well had a good laugh getting a feel for the car over the weekend and it is such an improvement, not bad for a small fee. Mpg isn't very clever though but as promised i took a few
photos of her after a speedy clean

, IMG_0092.JPGIMG_0094.JPGIMG_0097.JPGIMG_0099.JPGIMG_0101.JPG

306 GTI-6
When you say mpg isnt clever, what are you getting.

I drove mine with a very heavy foot, with catback sports exhaust, bigger wheels and tyres, air filter, and never saw less than 38 on the trip (it was about 36 calculated), and once got 44 on a long run

Grier

ClioSport Club Member
  A clio...
I drive with heavy foot too, hard not to on the roads around here, i get about 32- 34 which isn't too bad tbh as in my old 1.2 8v i had to rag it about to get anything out of it so was getting about 27-30 still like a kid at christmas with it right now got a few ideas for it, 182 alloys in silver or some nice 15" multi-spokes, lower maybe 40-50 mm, refit my sound system, bigger brakes, an induction and maybe if i'm lucky a re-map. Oh and and rs grill and 172 rear as the bumper on this has been scraped by the previous owner clipping a wall in reverse.

306 GTI-6
I drive with heavy foot too, hard not to on the roads around here, i get about 32- 34 which isn't too bad tbh as in my old 1.2 8v i had to rag it about to get anything out of it so was getting about 27-30 still like a kid at christmas with it right now got a few ideas for it, 182 alloys in silver or some nice 15" multi-spokes, lower maybe 40-50 mm, refit my sound system, bigger brakes, an induction and maybe if i'm lucky a re-map. Oh and and rs grill and 172 rear as the bumper on this has been scraped by the previous owner clipping a wall in reverse.

Doesnt sound too bad, especially as you are probably enjoying it compared to the 1.2

Mods sound good. Keep it oem, and you should have a nice clean example

I repainted the dash strios amd gear knob insert in piano black and felt that looked good.

Grier

ClioSport Club Member
  A clio...
badges and strips are done in carbon wrap looks alot tidier than the scratched up "aluminium".

Grier

ClioSport Club Member
  A clio...
progress as i said would be slow but going to work on the sound system today and tomorrow and was wondering, am i better off amping the current system then adding to it ( if it's simple) or putting my 6x9's and sub in first.

'04 Clio 1.6
I average 34 in mine. Once got it to 54 once on one long slow drive.

Sound wise, I've been told to avoid sticking 6x9s in mine for some reason.

Grier

ClioSport Club Member
  A clio...
I average 34 in mine. Once got it to 54 once on one long slow drive.

Sound wise, I've been told to avoid sticking 6x9s in mine for some reason.

who told you that? 6x9's are great, if not a bit tacky in the parcel shelf but they do work a treat.

Grier

ClioSport Club Member
  A clio...
Been a few weeks not really made any alterations so far apart from paint the callipers, front are finished in ford signal yellow and the rears are just about to be sprayed the same will post pics in a bit, also gave me a chance to check the pads and they will be needing swapped, roads up here are far to tempting :)

Grier

ClioSport Club Member
  A clio...
In reference to mpg ive settled into this car now and im getting about 34 to the gallon and 43 on motorways not too bad for a warm hatch.

Grier

ClioSport Club Member
  A clio...
so as i said here are some pictures of my lovely refreshed brakes IMG_0105.JPGIMG_0106.JPG
thanks for looking, any other ideas for her apart from an rs grill which she'll get soon :)

Grier

ClioSport Club Member
  A clio...
danny im from houston mate :) might change the exhaust but nothing too loud any ideas ?

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Oh christ thats right i mind you saying!

Im really unsure of exhausts for non RS Clio's :)o sorry) but im sure they do a Stealth Super Sport for it??

Grier

ClioSport Club Member
  A clio...
hmm they are about £300+ and tbh without being a tightarse i dont want to spend too much on this car in total being a non-sport :(

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Aye thats fair enough mate! I'd have a look in the for sale ad's - maybe something might come up more to budget!

Really am clue less about non RS Clio's :eek:

Grier

ClioSport Club Member
  A clio...
well when your my age you need to be :(
also last big insurance payment this month so 4 weeks till some mods can actually happen

RS172 Flamer
I'm currently on 31 mpg, town driving only. And go for the 6x9's, got mine a week after I bought the car :)

K4M ph2
Mine gets 37-40 on town driving! :s as for exhausts ive got the supersports mild steel recessed system on mine and i love it! nice and quiet in the cab but lets of a nice rasp when you plant your foot, around the 200 mark aswell with cliosport discount :)

Grier

ClioSport Club Member
  A clio...
on the agenda this months is new discs and pads all round new arb bushes and drop links as the knocking is a pain in the arse now :( new wipers and on saturday im hopefully picking up some 172 alloys to get to her to sit nicer :)

Grier

ClioSport Club Member
  A clio...
As soon as I get things sorted :) also my drivers side front and rear sidlights aren't working and have checked bulbs and fuses any help ??

Grier

ClioSport Club Member
  A clio...
fixed the lights and new bulbs :) also just fitted the 172 alloys really makes a difference as i was running on steels however my phone is gubbed so pics will be up as soon as i can, really looking to spray them as they're not curbed at all, also i think carbon dipping may be my new thing to try