ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1 Non Sport Clio. 1 New Clutch. 1 Set of Coilovers. 1 Wheel respray

Finally I think my car might be worthy of a post in the media section!

Over the past two weeks I've pretty much been working solidly on improving my car,
I've replaced the clutch (thanks to James.f) which was a massive achievement for me and got me back into my car.

I then fitted my Vmaxx Coilovers, and thought I'd have a go at respraying my alloys, in Peugeot Steel Grey, and Black diamonds. Here's the result (not the best pics in the world, but I just wanted to show people my work!)

DSC00913.gif

DSC00919.gif

Next on the list is to spray my other bullets Pug Steel Grey with black lettering, spray my Diamonds, and fit my fat Meggy splitter.
And also just tweak the coilovers untill I've got them just perfect, then I'll get them all aligned and everything.

Clio 182 Cup
loving this car mate, can you get smoked rear lights for the clio? i think theyd look quite good on it even though they are normally a chav accessorie - Adam

Top work James.. The clutch was a massive self achievement...

Alloys are looking good, Mine was Rover steel grey.. A fair bit lighter.. Quite like yours a bit darker as well too..

I know you've been helping me with the spacer questions, But i cant remember if Iv'e asked you what spacers your on? Sorry if I've already had an answer !

Thanks for all your positive comments :)

The lighting in the pics isn't the best, so the wheels do look very dark. It needs a better clean and tyre shine. But I only got it back together yesterday and I just wanted to get some quick pics up to show people what I'd done.

Guysy I have got 5mm Spacers on there with standard bolts. They're only Halfords generic ones, but at 5mm they seem fine for what I need them for. I just make sure they're sitting on flat and secure, and make sure my bolts are tight.

Im going to do all my other little bits, give it a good clean/detail, then hopefully find a good location, and if I take enough photos I'm hoping one might come out looking good!

I'm just very proud of it, because I've done everything myself, and it might've taken me a bit longer than other people, but I've learnt loads and its a very satisfactory feeling when you get something right, and you know its all your work.

Im hoping it might be nearly good enough to come to some meets now :)

Sounds good, And your happy to leave the 5mm spacers on with standard bolts for everyday driving?

I cant see the 5mm's on standard bolts going wrong.. But stranger things have happened.

Yea Im happy with them on. What I would do is just get a pair of 5mm spacers from halfords, just put them on, if it cures the noise you can then decide on a longer term solution. If they don't cure the noise there's no point splashing out on some expensive ones.

Bought the black laser cut ones off ebay in the end, Look to be well made.. Hopefully will fit over the hub ring snugly so the whole set up is secure then ill see if it stops the rubbing and also decide if im happy to run them..

Cheers.