ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

100% complete 172RWD! - updated

stevo172-RWD

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 rwd
cars making good progress so im told at k-tec.

should have it back as a rolling shell with brakes in around 3-4 weeks.

stevo172-RWD

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 rwd
just waiting for hi-spec to deliver my new brake callipers.
front and rear.

the rear ones have the handbrake built in.

so i will have larger discs but with 4pot callipers front and rear.;)

Attachments

• SVA-calipers-172.GIF
    SVA-calipers-172.GIF
    44.6 KB · Views: 60

stevo172-RWD

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 rwd
can anybody tell me where i can get a clio v6 engine cover and how much would one be?

i have tried my local renault and the wont tell me because i dont have a v6 number plate:mad:

sir you car is coming up as a 172 clio:)

Attachments

• 21062009347.jpg
    21062009347.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 182
  ibiza cupra
try to find a right off one that is being broken. they might sell it to you and it will probly be cheaper than renault. failing that, just get a reg no` from a v6 and go in with it.

Track 172cup
theres a v6 (or at least a v6 rep resprayed in an awful orange colour lol) in a local scrappys, could see if its gen or not as its high up on the racks

i'll try and pop down when i get a chance and have a look for you if you want mate ? either that or you could give them a ring yourself

A G Watson Salvage - 01383 419151

stevo172-RWD

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 rwd
theres a v6 (or at least a v6 rep resprayed in an awful orange colour lol) in a local scrappys, could see if its gen or not as its high up on the racks

i'll try and pop down when i get a chance and have a look for you if you want mate ? either that or you could give them a ring yourself

A G Watson Salvage - 01383 419151

if its not too much trouble mate yeah have a look;)

stevo172-RWD

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 rwd
should have some pictures of the new brakes in a few weeks time.

hi spec 4pots all corners.
larger than standard discs.
not sure what pads.
ss braided hoses.

Ph1 Clio V6, Ph2 172
A friend of mine is producing the top engine covers for the vee in carbon fiber and a hell of alot cheaper than reno if your interested. Not too sure exactly how much for though. If carbon isn't your thing, im sure he'll beable to do a cheaper one in fiberglass which could then be either sprayed or flocked. Im getting a fiberglass one and having it flocked once I have my Trophy inlet fitted.

Cracking car by the way mate!! One of my favorites on here.

stevo172-RWD

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 rwd
A friend of mine is producing the top engine covers for the vee in carbon fiber and a hell of alot cheaper than reno if your interested. Not too sure exactly how much for though. If carbon isn't your thing, im sure he'll beable to do a cheaper one in fiberglass which could then be either sprayed or flocked. Im getting a fiberglass one and having it flocked once I have my Trophy inlet fitted.

Cracking car by the way mate!! One of my favorites on here.

More details plz lol
has he got a number?

Ph1 Clio V6, Ph2 172
http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=454245

His car is the Silver Ph1 Trophy look a like. Might be worth you logging on to v6.net as there's a few decent pictures on there. His user name Is Bill Patchall by the way.
The car gets huge attention when he opens the boot as it really does look superb. Functional too as its very light weight and because its based on a Ph2 vee, the removable hatch is bigger.

stevo172-RWD

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 rwd
http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=454245

His car is the Silver Ph1 Trophy look a like. Might be worth you logging on to v6.net as there's a few decent pictures on there. His user name Is Bill Patchall by the way.
The car gets huge attention when he opens the boot as it really does look superb. Functional too as its very light weight and because its based on a Ph2 vee, the removable hatch is bigger.

cant really see it properly:(

Clio Cup,Leon 1.8T,Eunos
That's a nice piece of CF there... but if that's a lot cheaper than OE - just how bad is that! into four figure I expect

Ph1 Clio V6, Ph2 172
Yeah, its well over a grand for the OE covers from Renault. The fog lamp surrounds for instance are £320+vat...each! I needed two new ones at the begining of the year and it cost me around £200 for StreamlineCarbon to remake the pair.