ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

15" team dynamics - central hole not big enough? help :(

182 Cup/V70 D5
Hiya lads,

I went a bit mad over xmas and new year hols on eBay and bought these team dynamics alloys. 15" and 195/50 with 36 or 37 offset (I read online that the offset and PCD matched the standard cup alloys).

Anywho, the front tyres on the fitted cup alloys are both low/near tread marker and were a nightmare in the snow. The team dynamics tyres have tonnes of meat left on them so just tried fitting... The bolt holes line up, just the large central hole where the axle nut peeps out of seems to be like 1-2 mm too small as I couldn't get the alloy to seat on the collar which sits around the axle nut hole.

Do I need spacers or am I being a complete muppet?
anthracite.jpg

Mk1 MX-5 (x3), Westy
There is also a 3rd thing to check for fitment (on top of PCD and Offset) - bore. Not sure of the solution as I've not been in this predicament myself, but if you can't return them for an exchange, it might be a job for a man with a huge lathe...

Screw the bolts in and the wheel will go over the hub. When I had these alloys, they were doing the same thing. I just tightened the bolts up and on they went.

EDIT: Yeah or the centre bore is wrong. They should be 60.1 I think? Someone will be along to correct me if not.

182 Cup/V70 D5
yeah I've read the central bore required is 60.1mm - is this sort of thing marked on the alloys themselves? Or would some spaces with an adapted central bore collar suit maybe?

182 Cup/V70 D5
Screw the bolts in and the wheel will go over the hub. When I had these alloys, they were doing the same thing. I just tightened the bolts up and on they went.

EDIT: Yeah or the centre bore is wrong. They should be 60.1 I think? Someone will be along to correct me if not.

I tried to get one bolt in but gave up after I spent 20 mins trying to get it to bite.. Really hoping it's just me being a r****d but will try when there's daylight tomorrow

182 Cup/V70 D5
just measured the bore and it looks to be more like 58mm or there abouts. F*ck my life.

Ok so new question = is it possible to get spacers which fit the original 60.1mm bore, but which have a 58mm bore to suit these alloys? If so how much would I be looking to pay and where from?

182 Cup/V70 D5
best thing to do is pop into a local engineering company and ask them to machine the centre bore out
If you paid full price send them back and ask them to change them

cheers lads, these are 2nd hand from eBay and I should have checked so not much chance of a refund - I think getting them machined would be easier than trying to post them back etc. They look great and are exactly what I need, just need to find someone local who can machine them out the 2-3mm or so which they need.

turbo 182
I had this bother aswell recently, cost me £20 to get the centre bores re bored to 60.1mm, just ring up your local engineering firms and ask if they can/will do it

172 RaceCar, VW-T5
Probably worth checking you haven't got spigot rings that you can remove for a larger set, the three sets I have in this size use them so I would be surprised if these where any different (one second hand set I bought had 58mm spigots iirc).

-Alex

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
I bought some team dynamic wheels with a 73.1 bore. So bought some 73.1>60.1 spigot rings

_WILL_

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
I am sure someone will tell me I am wrong but I thought all TD need spigot rings and as such these should fit with the correct rings fitted. As above thought they were all 73.1?

182 Cup/V70 D5
Cheers lads, I can understand how the spigot rings work if the centre bore on the alloy is bigger than that on the car, but in this instance the alloy CB is smaller hence it won't actually go on... Unless there are stepped spigot rings which go the other way? The CB on these alloys is around 58mm hence its too tight to actually locate on the car.

Also checked the eBay listing - there was no mention of CB size hence why I've missed it

182 Cup/V70 D5
Probably worth checking you haven't got spigot rings that you can remove for a larger set, the three sets I have in this size use them so I would be surprised if these where any different (one second hand set I bought had 58mm spigots iirc).

-Alex

Checked and there's no old rings in there unfortunately :(

182 Cup/V70 D5
I know. That's the point I've been at since about 5 this afternoon, was just explaining to the other comments above telling me to get spigot rings

Just get them bored out. Then you'll end up with a proper fitting set, without the need to use shitty plastic spigot rings.

Most sets (not all) of TD1.2s need to run spigot rings, because the centre bor is drilled very bit for multiple fitments - with spigot rings.