ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

16v engine

fulhamfcboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Laguna V6 and 19 16v

I know in theory I shouldnt be posting here, but as the engines are shared I hope someone can help me....
Ive got a 19 16v, which has started misbehaving. a few days ago I completed a 500 mile journey, and the car was faultless, and running like a dream. I put it in my garage, and it hasnt been used till today. When I drove down the road I noticed it seemed to be misfiring slightly, and its got worse over a 5 minute drive. Now, when the revs are low, and you puit foot on accelerator, its very hesitant, as if if dont want to go, then after about 3k its fine.
Anyone got any ideas?

fulhamfcboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Laguna V6 and 19 16v

Wongy,
Mines fixed now. I looked at the trouble shooting section of the haynes, and It basically states that engine hesitation is either a ignition issue, or a problem with the fuel system (i.e blockage etc).
So, I went and filled the car up with fuel, and then took it for a thrash, in the hope that it would unblock any blockages if there were any. Unfortunately it still hesitated etc (although the car, once above 3k still drove fine, and I got up to 110mph happily on a bit of dual carriageway nearby.)
Anyway, by now Im seriously pissed, so I thought I may as well try the spark plugs, as they havent been changed for a year or so. Anyway, bought some super 4s and hey presto, its running perfect again. It could have been that me removing HT leads and replugging them actually fixed the problem, but it only cost £20, and seems fine now.
If youve had work done on your leccy system, and had problems since then, I would try disconnecting and replacing HTs, coil connections etc, as it could be something as simple as that.

BMW 320d Sport

No reason why you cant post on here...youre driving a Renault and its the same lump as a 16v Clio, so why not!

Anyway glad you got it sorted...Wongy you had any luck yet mate?