ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172’s look girly!

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

Just parked my valver next to a Metallic red 172 at work. Looked at the both and im supprised how girly 172s look next to the mean old face of the valver! Theyve gone the right way in the engine department but they defo need meaner styling! Think i may right to Mr Renault! 172s should look like V6s!

VaVa

Yeah, they do look a bit girly. Its just modern design. All clios have a girly image, though. When you tell someone what you drive ( generally someone whos not into cars) the immediately think of Nicole!! It doesnt matter if you say "172" or "16v" or "Cup" after "Clio", they still think you drive a tarts car!!! Until you take em for a spin that is.....

Clio v6

I think it might be because these cars are just nippy runabouts for doing a wee bit of shopping in. Girls tend to do most shopping, hence a girly opinion of them.

If girls would only realise that theyd get more shopping in a Scooby things would be different:D

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

Quote: Originally posted by jon_r on 19 December 2003

Telling me my car looks girly? lol
Im not sayin its the girliest car on the market it just seems theyve gone back a bit on styling compared to the valver. Like i said before - the 172 should look like a slightly more subtle V6. (Ofcourse you have to keep the full blown looks for the v6 beast!)

I wouldnt say girly, anymore than i would about the mk1, but definetly doesnt look anyhting special.... thats mainly why mr renault didnt get my money after the test drive! the big old vent on the 16v is what most people would notice.... i struggle to tell when ive seen a 172 and theres alot about.

GR7

Shiny red R32

Quote: Originally posted by 1.8_16v_Clio on 19 December 2003

Just parked my valver next to a Metallic red 172 at work. Looked at the both and im supprised how girly 172s look next to the mean old face of the valver! Theyve gone the right way in the engine department but they defo need meaner styling! Think i may right to Mr Renault! 172s should look like V6s!

Jacques isnt very happy with you saying that he looks girly!!

http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0903/sehrgrosse/large-smiley-051.gif http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0903/sehrgrosse/large-smiley-041.gif http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0903/sehrgrosse/large-smiley-058.gif

http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0903/sehrgrosse/large-smiley-030.gif

I wouldnt go as far as girly. Its just Renault didnt seem to change much on the outside.

Stick a 1.2 alongside a 172/cup and theres not that much difference.

Stick a mk1 1.2 alongside a valver/willy and theyre a world apart!

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport

the 172 looks quite a bit different to 1.2s IMO. totally different fornt rear bumpers and skirts not to mentions xenons better interior...what r u talking about

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

Quote: Originally posted by Tom_16v on 19 December 2003

I wouldnt go as far as girly. Its just Renault didnt seem to change much on the outside.

Stick a 1.2 alongside a 172/cup and theres not that much difference.

Stick a mk1 1.2 alongside a valver/willy and theyre a world apart!
Exactly my thoughts! Just doesnt stand out from the crowd like a valver does!

172, Tiguan

Quote: Originally posted by mike8579 on 19 December 2003

jon_r,

How did that caravan end up in that tree?

lol, the guy next door had a big yard. Luckily thats gone now.

Remapped derv Golf

Im affard im old enough to remember the ads and the Valver was a Nicole..............Papa car!!

Remember the one? when her her bf arrived on a motorbike to take her out and Papa chucked them the cars to the valver?

So its an old mans car too;)

Yeah most new Clio looks a little girly but my Cup next to my aunties 1.4 16v doesnt! It looks like a beast compared to 1.4.

WOW! Someone actually bought a Silver cup? or is it a 172? Must be the only car where the more expensive model gets made to look like the cheaper one by people.:)

Quote: Originally posted by mike8579 on 19 December 2003

jon_r,

How did that caravan end up in that tree?
your meant to of been looking at those girly cars in the front of the pic!

.....runs and hides.....

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Who cares what it looks like, it will still beat most other cars off a set of lights.

Ford F-150 5.4 V8

Quote: Originally posted by _KDF on 19 December 2003

Who cares what it looks like, it will still beat most other cars off a set of lights.
^^^LOL^^^

Gotta admit they dont have the same instant impact as say a willy but it aint GIRLY and i quite like the fact it doesnt look too aggresive and the fact that only people really interested in cars know what it is.

"understated"

actually i think new megane looks a bit too mean in the face?

.. Clio girly or not, its allows for the sleeper effect to take hold and people underestimate it... like this:

CliotuRS: turns left out of a crossjunction... keeps in 1st at 4.5k until im near the post office with old people and mothers with babies in prams...

CommonFolk(thinking): " ohh thats a clio but theres something not quite right.. sporty?..hmm"

CliotuRS(cliofolk): Floors it hard as F*ck.. changed into second, looks left passing post office..now travelling 50mph already! and the noise inside is mint.. the type of sound it produces outside (proper sports car)... hehe

CommonFolk: WHAT THE fUC.K !?!?!? (all in sync! hehe)

This is a true story... p.s i think the grannys scared of them now!!

muhahahaha :devilish:

Quote: Originally posted by cliotuRS on 20 December 2003

.. Clio girly or not, its allows for the sleeper effect to take hold and people underestimate it... like this:

CliotuRS: turns left out of a crossjunction... keeps in 1st at 4.5k until im near the post office with old people and mothers with babies in prams...

CommonFolk(thinking): " ohh thats a clio but theres something not quite right.. sporty?..hmm"

CliotuRS(cliofolk): Floors it hard as F*ck.. changed into second, looks left passing post office..now travelling 50mph already! and the noise inside is mint.. the type of sound it produces outside (proper sports car)... hehe

Not clever if thats true....:mad:

Quote: Originally posted by Neil82cup on 20 December 2003

Quote: Originally posted by cliotuRS on 20 December 2003

Not clever if thats true....:mad:
unless its in a private town, on a private runway, with a privately run post office...lol..

ExigeV6|Q5|DS3|Fiat

Its a classic!..............................ok will take a better one when the rain holds off!

When I pulled up in my Cup at work, everyone took the mik, said it is a gilrs car, and they still do!!

I think they look well cool, specially from the front, quite aggressive, but I guess you can never get away from the fact its a Renault Clio, and in most peoples minds, theyre cars that girls tend to get.

Oh well, at least theyre cheap to run, and good fun, plus people tend to let you through in traffic at night, as they think theres probably a fit girl driving it, how wrong they are, although ive got to stop wearing that blonde wig and red dress, gives entirely the wrong impression.