ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172/182 alternator help please

corsa D / 172 clio
i have been gathering together parts to delete the aircon from my 182 and i have seen posts saying that to fit the 172 cup brackets you will need to also fit the 172 cup alternator.
a while ago i bought a nearly new alternator from a 182 that did not have aircon fitted and i intend to use this when i do the aircon removal from my car.
i have offered all the brackets and alternator up together and by the looks of things it all fits but i just thought i would ask you guys if im missing something as i don't want to take the car apart and then find it wont fit!

how many different alternators are there for 172/182 and if the one i have fits the brackets is it happy days?

any help would be most appreciated:D

cheers

172 Race Car
Cup (non aircon) alternator has the mounting points directly opposite each other, like symetrical. The aircon one has off set mounting points. Hope that makes sense

corsa D / 172 clio
Cup (non aircon) alternator has the mounting points directly opposite each other, like symetrical. The aircon one has off set mounting points. Hope that makes sense

thanks for the info jay

ive just had a check on it and it looks like its the right one! result!

so there are only 2 different ones then?

i thought knowing my luck i would of bought some random "one off" alternator that only fitted if the car was made on a thursday afternoon in may or something!!! lol