ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172/182 strut top knocking fix

Lux'd Glacier White R26
Thanks Justin! Hopefully it will be simple to fit them!

Did most of you guys just use Fred's step by step guide?

Tys.

182 Cup Racing Blue
Hi, Could someone sort me out with a set please and send me a private message to get address details and all that business!!! thanks in advance for your help!!!!! Cheers Adam

Clio 172 ph2 + 990SM
Hi, Could someone sort me out with a set please and send me a private message to get address details and all that business!!! thanks in advance for your help!!!!! Cheers Adam

and if someone could come to cambridge and wash my car, please pm me and ill let you know when im available. cheers :p

1 PAIR LEFT, Keep any eye on this thread as once they are gone thats it till i get my next batch in.

Just incase anyone is unsure how they work or how to fit them see the following -

Thanks to Justin for the washers - Credit where its due :)

Measurements -

Tools you will need for this -
5.5mm Allen key
21mm Deep Ring Spanner
Rachet with 17mm Deep Socket.

So in pictures.
IMG_0615.jpg

Tools all lined up ready to go.
IMG_0603.jpg

Need to undo the top nut - The Allen key is vital here - So do not attempt without it.
IMG_0605.jpg

17mm Compression nut needs to be undone -
IMG_0606.jpg

Put Washer in place.
IMG_0608.jpg

Do the 17mm nut back up again - This is how it should look.
IMG_0614.jpg

Put the rubber doughnut thing back on again as well - The 3mm Washer clears the doughnut off the turret as seen above.

When you put the rubber doughnut think back on does it look like the bottom picture when you put it back on? Or are you just showing the clearance just for example Gal?

All Sold now, if any one is interested in some more please post your interest here so i know how many to get made up.

Cooper S JCW
I was after some too Justin - thought you were going to pm me back when you had more in :(

Let me know when you have more stock please dude!

Order List :

Munchkin
Butler205
Jaffa182

if anyone else wants some please add yourself to the above list.

Gal

A Clee O
When you put the rubber doughnut think back on does it look like the bottom picture when you put it back on? Or are you just showing the clearance just for example Gal?

Still looks like that after its fitted. ;)

Lionel Richie
Just incase anyone is unsure how they work or how to fit them see the following -

Thanks to Justin for the washers - Credit where its due :)

Measurements -

Tools you will need for this -
5.5mm Allen key
21mm Deep Ring Spanner
Rachet with 17mm Deep Socket.

So in pictures.
IMG_0615.jpg

Tools all lined up ready to go.
IMG_0603.jpg

Need to undo the top nut - The Allen key is vital here - So do not attempt without it.
IMG_0605.jpg

17mm Compression nut needs to be undone -
IMG_0606.jpg

Put Washer in place.
IMG_0608.jpg

Do the 17mm nut back up again - This is how it should look.
IMG_0614.jpg

Put the rubber doughnut thing back on again as well - The 3mm Washer clears the doughnut off the turret as seen above.

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO AND NO!!!!!

the 17mm compression nut DOES NOT need to be touched!

your top cap is sitting too high in that pic, becasue you've undone the compression nut

Jap Shed

your top cap is sitting too high in that pic, becasue you've undone the compression nut
is the ECU bracket that breaksthe one on the last pic?

So i take it that you only need a allen key and use the deep ring spanner to hold the nut, making it easier to turn the allen key. Once this is done then pop the rubber bit off and then put the washer in. Job done?

i also take it that when you undo the compression nut, your in for a very bouncy ride because the shocks are gonna fall straight through the strut quarters. This happened to me on my rear shocks when trying to put on my rear strut brace.

PH1 172
Order List :

Munchkin
Butler205
Jaffa182
keeper
Terry172
if anyone else wants some please add yourself to the above list