ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172/182 strut top knocking fix

Jap Shed
Got my washers today from Fred and they were a perfect fit.
Unfornuatly the knock is still there.............

Lionel Richie
Got my washers today from Fred and they were a perfect fit.
Unfornuatly the knock is still there.............

you must have an unrelated knock, as i said on the phone it could be a whole list of things, first one to check is the upper gearbox mount

Justin - pm sent

noted, will get back to you when i have the new batch ready.

^ same for all those that have sent me a pm since the new year, my inbox is now nerly maxed out with about 20 requests for these, trying to sort through them but i am fast reaching my 200 pm limit so if i dont reply or you cant get through try and be patient (sp) please.

as i said i will post in this thread when the new batch is ready.

Titanium 182 full fa
Just been reading through this thread, I dont think its my strut top knocking but a get a creaking noise when i go over long speed bumps about just over the length of the car as its compressing coming off them. The noise sounds as though its coming from underneath the car, maybe anti roll bar?? Anybody help? Car has done 9500miles.
Thanks
Cookie
And im willing to try these washers if anybody can help me with them?

Last edited:
  182>FRS>VX220 now 350Z
The real problem is the top mounts themselves...they are crap- the design is very poor; they are the same as the R5's aren't they? Anywho, basically they suck....I have better quality bearings in my 200 quid bmx lol.

Someone that would like a better 'fix' or want something a little more hardcore (perhaps those that track their clio's) may possibly consider some nice machined aluminium mounts with spherical bearings...I was looking into this with Leda's involvement and gave John some measurements of the turrets and we went through some possible designs. They aren't available because John at leda needs a clio in for closer inspection and prototyping so if there's anyone nearby and interested maybe give them a call.

I'd quite like to see this product on the market (even though i no longer own a clio) as the OE mounts are appaling (and i may own another clio in the future ;)). The machined aluminium ones with spherical mounts would probably work out less than replacement OE's from Renault as well ;)

PS. nice work on the quick fix Fred.

Lionel Richie
The real problem is the top mounts themselves...they are crap- the design is very poor; they are the same as the R5's aren't they? Anywho, basically they suck....I have better quality bearings in my 200 quid bmx lol.

Someone that would like a better 'fix' or want something a little more hardcore (perhaps those that track their clio's) may possibly consider some nice machined aluminium mounts with spherical bearings...I was looking into this with Leda's involvement and gave John some measurements of the turrets and we went through some possible designs. They aren't available because John at leda needs a clio in for closer inspection and prototyping so if there's anyone nearby and interested maybe give them a call.

I'd quite like to see this product on the market (even though i no longer own a clio) as the OE mounts are appaling (and i may own another clio in the future ;)). The machined aluminium ones with spherical mounts would probably work out less than replacement OE's from Renault as well ;)

PS. nice work on the quick fix Fred.

not my fix mate, its renault fix! i'm just sharing the info (aren't i nice, should've kept it to myself and made some money out of it!! LOL)

RE the top mounts, yes they are a bit cave man in design, the exact same top mounts have been used by Renault for the past 15+ years, and also in the various 1 make race series (clio cup etc) they do what they say on the tin

billet ali top mounts would be nice, but at what i would guess to be around £500 no one would bother! plus LEDA suck anyway ;)

I ask my dad's friend to make one and it does not solve the problem. The sounds is only from front right side in my case during hard brake or bump stop or from steep road to flat road. Not all the time, but these are when it happen mostly.

I am thinking if it is relate to the front wheel arch cos the knocking is like hard plastic

BTW, is upper gear mount on the left side??

should have my latest batch on friday, will keep this thread updated so you can send me all your money ;)

Just Got my latest lot through, £5 to justinreed@blueyonder.co.uk

give details of your address and your clio sport user name please if you want any, PLEASE DONT PM ME IF THERE IS NO NEED AS MY INBOX IS GETTING MAXED OUT AT THE MOMENT.

Lux'd Glacier White R26
Sent my payment via a friend as i dont have a Paypal Account. The details should be with you shortly Justin.

Nice one..

Tys.

arthur69uk
monkeymagic
Tyson-182

payments have been received and items have just been packaged up and will be in the post tomorow.

Hey justin, just paypal'd £5.00 to you for a couple of those washers for my Cup. Thanks in advance!

Chris.

Last edited: