ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 aftermarket exhuast problems

has anyone ever had any problem with aftermarket exhausts on a 172? My problem is that my scorpion keeps on TWISTing on the sleave fitting over the rear beam. If i get it fixed its fine till i boot it and then it twists and as a result it is forced off the rest of the system and results in it dragging along the floor!!! Anyone got any ideas or sh*t? The zorst has only 1 hanger - do u think this is to much strain on the backbox making it "twist". Maybe a strap put around the backbox then welded to a part of the car would fix it? i dunno just any help if u have had this before!!

Regards

Kevin

Quote: Originally posted by badinvincible on 14 July 2004

03 172s should have 2 mounting brackets, thus stopping it from twisting
Well mine doesnt - should this be on the other side of the tailbox to then?

EK9 + Mfactory gearing..

i have a similar prob with my k-tec twin....its only held up with a cable tie! every now and then it "drops" and it then catches on the framework and makes a hideous rattling noise till u put another tie on now its twisted slightly also, we need brackets methinks!

possibly, all i know is that the mk1 172 has one mounting bracket and the mk2 has 2, anyone got any pics? ive had zorst probs before and its a total pain in the arse

mine is going into have a bracket strapped around it and ill then post pics of this - plus pics my system now! Mine is helped stay in place using a priece of string!"!!!!

LOL

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

magnex ones come with a extra bracket which is a good idea.

original systems only have the one rear mount. one large mount on the backbox and one smaller one for the centre section.