ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 air filter cost - Renault

Hi guys,

Just a quickie, does anyone know how much a new air filter is for the 172? And do they tend to get replaced at every 12K interval?

Just asking cos the cups going in on fri for its 1st service, and the dealer mentioned in passing that the air filter may need to be replaced and will be charged on top of the std service price. Thought that a little odd, but hey ho. If it isnt charged on top, may be able to get the price of it deducted from the service. If it works out better in the long run to whack a panel filter in, then i shall. (Any excuse to mod the car!)

Finally suggestions on which filter? I know they tend to be much the same, but any feedback appreciated. (Thinking along the Green/ITG/Pipercross lines)

Cheers.

Cheers for that mate, saves me a phone call in the morning!

So looking at about just over £17 for the filter per service. After the second service then the panel filter will have paid for itself. I dont need any more persuading,

suggestions???

Ad

MK2 FRS

Think they may have meant the aircon pollen filter if you have it. This was chargeable on my 172.

Am wondering, would a drop-in be better as compared to an open induction kit w/o any heat shield. I come from a tropical climate and the weather is ridiculously humid. Pls advise. Thanks.