ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 airbox

Leon Cupra

Took the bottem pipe off my air box today, took the car out for a blast and it sounds like a beast:D.

I just wanted to know if this will have any bad side affects like f**king up the E.C.U, running lean and other nasty stuff like that. I remember that pic of the cylinder head that the Capt had, he said that the car that it was from had a induction kit on it and caused it to run lean and make some small pits on the bottem side of the head. Will this happen by taking the bottem pipe of the airbox??

Tim.

Skoda Fabia vRS

based on my ECU experience id stick the pipe back on, if you want it off, reset the ECU while its off, and if you put it back on, reset the ECU again

nothing to worry about, it wont result in a leaner burn.....you wont be suckin in any MORE air than normal...besides, itll be a tad warmer too.......less dense....

Skoda Fabia vRS

Tim, ive had lots of grief from my ECU in the past (1.4RT), and possibly again at the moment, so ive done a fair few resets and lots of tests with my Ecotek on/off etc, if you change anything to do with the air intake i suggest a reset

Leon Cupra

Thanks for the info lads, didnt think that there would be any preformance gain from this it just sounds nice. Just wanted to know if it would cause any damage so if it doesnt ill keep it off.

Tim.

p.s. how do you reset the E.C.U???

Skoda Fabia vRS

on my RT you just disconnect the battery for half an hour, but i heard somethin about pressin the pedals in the 172 ??

might be worth a seperate post m8

CTR EK9 turbo

If you have a mk.1 take both pipes off! it sounds amazing........ I estimate about a 50 bhp gain at 15,000 rpm for the pipe-detach mod (you floor it more than normal, therefore giving you more power, simple, *free* and easy mod) I discovered this when i was parked near my girlfriends house waiting for her to get ready to leave and pulled em off - coorrrrr, what a noise!

CTR EK9 turbo

the only bad side of it is when youre driving through town and the engine bay is real hot, launching off the line may be a bit boggy - so if youre racing someone off the lights, make sure you rush up to them and keep your clutch in and dont rev it at the lights!!!