ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Brake Setup

Megane Trophy
Right my rear pads and discs are looking pretty low, discs are getting grooves as well so its time for a change.

In terms of all round setup what do people reccomend?

BBT powerslot discs and the Pagid pads

Standard Setup

Brembo High Carbon and Green Stuff or Ferado

K-Tec - Front and Rear package ??

Not needing a real trackday package just fast road and track. new fluid and goodridge hoses will be added as well.

Havent really got the money for 4 pots, but just wondering what everyone else runs really!!

:D

Stock on the back no point upgrading IMO unless the stuff (pads) are cheaper.

For the fornt I'd go with DS2500 and new disks and bleed the fluid. if you want as many people do chnage the brake lines as they make for a difference.

M2 Competition
Yes master ;) ring ya tomorrow...

Regarding our coilies conversation earlier, i think i may have to mug you for some of your time one sunday soon, that second track sesh swayed me :) but my brakes are looking a bit, ahem, worn... lol

Megane Trophy
Yeh im swaying towards the standard rear setup with new hoses however.

Fronts are my concern, DS2500, and brembo discs seem the viable option

Focus ST
bradfincham said:
Yeh im swaying towards the standard rear setup with new hoses however.

Fronts are my concern, DS2500, and brembo discs seem the viable option

I've heard the same for a good set-up.

Brad - Where were you?? Thought you would have gone to Trax.

LHD Clio 172 mk1
Front in Porterfield Brake Pads for me (US supplier; carbon/kevlar components) ! :top:
Better than DS2500 and cheaper ^_^

Rear: Mintex 1144