ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Clio into an R5 GTT

Clio 172 mk2
Great project, really take my hat off to you having the time & determination to finish it

Interesting choice staying with the 5GTT box, isn't the 172 engine going to spin the gears out pretty easy?

R5 GTT
Great project, really take my hat off to you having the time & determination to finish it

Interesting choice staying with the 5GTT box, isn't the 172 engine going to spin the gears out pretty easy?

The GTT box is more than upto the job, it managed to cope with a 229bhp C1J lump I am sure it will be more than fine with the F4r lump:D

A pic of some clean and painted parts
IMG_4863.gif

RB 197
Sweet! Nice work dude, does Scoff still have his?

My other half is still on RTOC. Just bought another 5 LOL, addictive little things! I miss boost alot but after owning 3 i think i may have grown out of them a little :-D

R5 GTT
Tried to start the old girl last night and found battery flat charged battery up only to find that today Battery is truely dead :( going to try with some jump leads later.

With ref to a do it guide I have got alot of things written down I will put into some kind or R5 GTT to 172 conversion guide.

R5 GTT
what engine mounts did you use fella. looks a puka job

I am using pearl engine mounts on the standard GTT rear bracket and the gearbox front, and on the engine front I am using an R5 GTX bracket which is and F series block similair to the f4r. You would use the same bracket for an F7p conversion into an R5 aswell

R5 GTT
Well tried the new starter which worked fine but it just wouldn't catch the flywheel to turn it over (New starter is an R5 GTT uprated version which is a laguna jobby) looks like I am going to have to source an proper 172 / 182 starter.
tried with the spacer bush in different places aswell made no difference even took it out and still no difference :(

Never above 25mpg
when a fat bird wears a G-string she gets lumpy bits hanging out, would you rather she covered them up, or left them flapping about in public view?

Why the hell have you been looking at fat birds in g-strings I think is more to the point son!?

I understand that James, was that the only design for a bonnet that'd allow it to fit?

R5 GTT
Still not got a starter sorted been let down by what I hope is the postey and not a the fellow member so now trying to source else where. So in the meantime I spent the last couple of evening undersealing the car and I ended up spraying the underside of each arch Hamerite silver.
You can just about see it through the wheel on the rear arch
IMG_4966.gif

IMG_4967.gif

Also plumbed in the Mocal oil pressure gauge aswell

R5 GTT
are you still using the 5 fpr that maybe shagged james

Hello Ivan been a long time no speak matey, No am using a volvo T5 3bar fpr regulator and a cossie 044 fuel pump.

But then the T5 fpr could be knackered how do you test these things?

R5 GTT
tbh i have no idea...keep at it mate as it will come to life,dont give up on it

LOL just purchased another C1J lump to rebuild to my old engine spec just in case I don't like the 172 LOL

Apparently the 172 phase 1 setup has an Idle Control Valve? This i know I am missing so could also be my problem