ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 cup boosted track toy!

172 cup, Impreza P1
Re: 172 Cup track toy!

Small Update:

Got some NGK PFR7G-9 plugs fitted yesterday and then put on the Magnecore leads. If anything, they look good but I'm sure they will be better than the standard 7mm leads!

DSCF2114.jpg

DSCF2113.jpg

DSCF2112.jpg

Car is now booked in with Scoff at EFI Parts to do the engine wiring and mapping on the 7th of July. I'll then need to run the engine in and then take it back down to him for final mapping. Need it ready for a track day at the end of July so fingers crossed there are no major issues.

Cheers

172 cup, Impreza P1

You bet! It's been so long since I've driven it and can't wait to see how it drives with about 100hp more.

Still got the type r?

172 cup

Yeah just. Most overrated car ever Phoned about a few 182 clios just looking for right car. Maybe an rs again?? I said i
would not Have one again Can't make up my mind.

Your car will be great with an extra 100 bhp. Just hold on tight.

You will need to get me out for a run in it once it's going.

172 cup, Impreza P1

You will definitely be out for a blast!

Another RS would good. They are on my list for future cars. :cool:

172 cup, Impreza P1

Car is going to get Scoffed tomorrow at EFI Parts so wanted to make sure everything was spot on so had a couple of jobs to do. Checked all fluids again and had to remove the bumper to pull my tow strap through as i forgot when putting it on last time, oops! Also did a nut and bolt check and all is spot on.

Also trimmed my brake cooling deflectors as the tyres were rubbing on full lock with the last design.

DSCF2155.gif

DSCF2157.jpg

Got an early start (well 8am :p) when daverb from DB Motorsport is coming to load the car onto his trailer for the drive south. Hopefully all goes to plan and the car will be back with me in a couple of weeks.

Some pics after a wash:

DSCF2161.jpg

DSCF2162.jpg

DSCF2166.jpg

DSCF2167.jpg

DSCF2163.jpg

172 cup, Impreza P1

Cheers mate, appreciate it!

Hope it's ready for a track night at knockhill on the 4th of august so if you go to that I'll see you there or at this photography day if it can ever get organised. :D

172 cup, Impreza P1

Nice one Steven, it's looking good. Tb go on ok aye?

Alright John, cheers for that.

TB is for another manifold that's still a work in progress. Want to get this running so it'll have to wait a while before fitting.

172 cup, Impreza P1

Ah yeah mind you saying now. Need to get the finger out ;)

Still waiting on the Pulsar GTiR inlet manifold for butchering and then the finger will be out. :rasp:

Looking at a different exhaust manifold and turbo already and this ones never done a rev yet.

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.

Awesome! Cant wait to see it. Bet it shifts!

172 cup, Impreza P1

Cheers guys!

Big thanks to Dave and his mate Chris for getting it safely down to Scoff's. :clap:

Filling up with some Momentum 99
DSCF2169.jpg

On the M6 making some progress south
DSCF2170.jpg

Should get it back next week then running in the engine starts.

Trafic 140dci

Looks absolutly mint mate! I'll be happy if my engine bay looks half as good as that! Hope all goes well with the wiring and mapping, looking forward to seeing the end result.

172 cup, Impreza P1

Cheers mate, appreciate it. I'm sure yours will look just as good!

Need to play the waiting game now. :p

Trophy,R26,GSXR1000

I'm at Scoffs at the minute mate, and just had a look around it. Hats off to you buddy it's a really neat install and one of the best conversions I've seen :)

172 cup, Impreza P1

I'm at Scoffs at the minute mate, and just had a look around it. Hats off to you buddy it's a really neat install and one of the best conversions I've seen :)

Cheers a lot for that! I'm sure Scoff will work some magic on it. :D

What you getting done?

172 cup, Impreza P1

There is life!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHFU0g-Rerg&feature=youtu.be

Scoff had a few problems with oil leaking from the turbo into the exhaust causing lots of smoke on the initial start up but that seems to have gone now. I'm getting the train down to his in the morning and can't wait to see it running in the flesh.

I then need to drive it 250 miles or so back home which i'm a bit nervous about but should be ok.

Big thanks to Scoff this week! :clap: He has been keeping me updated with loads of emails on the progress or any issues but he has resolved every one of them. Top bloke!!

Another update tomorrow once she is home.

Trafic 140dci

Looks awesome mate :) Would you be able to PM roughly what wiring and mapping has cost from Scoff? As i'm very much considering the drive my self as that was a quick turn around :)

172 cup, Impreza P1

Awesome mate, can understand why you're nervous but I'm sure it'll be grand.

Hope so but cheers. Taking some tools, fluids and green flag membership card so should be fine. :D

Just remembered there that I need to get some tax for it in the morning. That would have been an epic fail.

172 cup, Impreza P1

Good stuff, be nice to see it in the flesh

You will mate! ;)

Just home there after leaving Scoffs at 5pm this afternoon. Rev limit of 3.5k and 0.3bar boost and it feels fast. Sounds like I'm driving darth vadar as the waste gate is always open. Put a smile on my face when I drove it as it sounds great and I've not driven it in over 8 months.

Going down next Sunday again to get it fully mapped and can't wait!

Clio 172

Cracking thread, the install looks fantastic, what kind of power figures are you hoping for once its mapped? If you fancy making any more air deflectors up I'd take a set for my PH1.

172 cup, Impreza P1

Cheers mate! :approve:

I might run a group buy if there is enough interest.

172 cup, Impreza P1

Couple of things to report now that I've been driving the car for the past 48hrs.

Don't think my new 12" fan is up to the job as when the bonnet is down and the fan comes on, it stays on. Scoff commented on this when he was mapping it but I noticed that it was going the wrong way so swapped the terminals round and it made a difference when the bonnet is open as it goes off after about 30 secs but when the bonnet is closed, it just keeps going. I am going to see if I can fit a 16" fan in as they flow about 50% more air then the 12" and see how that goes.

Also, the paddle clutch takes some getting used to. Not stalled it yet but plenty of over revving then kangaroo petrol moments. :p
I'm sure I'll get the hang of it and probably won't notice it on track.

Trafic 140dci

Is your fan a good genuine make one? Or an eBay cheapy? As I heard that the cheap eBay ones are rubbish.

172 cup, Impreza P1

I bought it from McGill Motorsport. It wasn't that expensive, think it was £30. The 16" one is £50.

Seen them on Demon Tweeks for more like £150 but not sure if they are worth it.