ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Cup Brake Peddle Problem (Non ABS)

TrackCar & F30 330d
Does anybody know what could be causing my brake peddle to be so soft for 3/4's of the travel and only the final 1/4 actually does anything!

I have all new copper brake lines, Braided hoses, 172 cup Master cylinder, Brake servo & bias valve. The front pads have quite a bit of pad left and the discs are pretty much new

I cant see any leaks from the pipes i've blead them lots of times so i'm pretty sure theres no air in the system.

Any thoughts?

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
The compensators/bias valves can be a bit of a pita to bleed up as well I've found. Try to zip tie it in the fully closed position and bleed it again. This is assuming your on the cup compensator valve of course.

The only other thing I can think of is if the rod on a 182 servo isn't as long as the one on a cup??? Failing that it may be the master cylinder that's knackered.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I had this in my track car. Tried everything (constant bleeding of the system, checking everything etc)

Dan@SJM has now fitted a new master cylinder and all new brake lines so i'm hoping the next time I drive it, it will be cured!

TrackCar & F30 330d
Yes Standard Calipers, the brakes work very well but i dont like the fact the most of the peddle does nothing!

I will try to bleed the brakes again with the Cup Bias/Compensating valve tied up!

Cup In bits
Single pipe to the rear I'm guessing if you have a bias valve or is it just cup valve you have fitted?

Can you get a photo of the compensatory thing? Not that I can offer help, I just think mine's set up wrongly and a photo of one that isn't rotten would help :)

Cup In bits
Hhhmmm not sure, if it was a single line to the bias/compensator valve and then split to 2 then you would have to bleed both rears at the same time.

Have a look at Northloop's recomendations.