ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 / Cup Coilovers - Group Buy

cock mobile.

This post is to just generate interest for those who want to get there hands on the above at a discounted price (not confirmed).

If youre interested post here!

Brands and prices to follow (as yet not decided which to get).

If people can add their name for interest, and which preference on make they have (if any).

Cheers.

cock mobile.

Ill contact a couple of places then see what we can arrange.

Pete: Like I said, confirm interest and brand you would be interested in....

cock mobile.

Update on Price:

Loony (Cliosport Area Rep) has got back to us with this:

retail H&R are £763.75 if we have 5 orders for them it would be £630 so thats £133.75 off retail

I certainly wont be ordering until the new year.

Let me know what you guys / girls think...

cock mobile.

Quote: Originally posted by blink172 on 21 December 2004
Tom and dansta have H & Ks dont they. Maybe these would be the way ahead

Excuse the ignorance, but whos that?? Any contact info? Cheers.

i used to have H&Rs on my 172 (they are now on Alan Cs 172), Dansta and Chris172cup have them on their cups, tom does not have coilovers fitted.

You dont get rear adjustment on the GAZ kit plus they are firmer IIRC, as for the quality i cant really say because ive not seen Gaz stuff properly but i would assume its not quite on a par with the H&R Stuff.

Astra 1.9cdti XP

Quote: Originally posted by Loony on 21 December 2004

You dont get rear adjustment on the GAZ kit plus they are firmer IIRC, as for the quality i cant really say because ive not seen Gaz stuff properly but i would assume its not quite on a par with the H&R Stuff.
K-tecs site say the gaz are now adjustable on the rear?

Black 182 + Recaros

How do you pay for a group by ? I would have to use the credit card. Would we ring our details through directly.

Quote: Originally posted by MattyMarsh on 21 December 2004

How do you pay for a group by ? I would have to use the credit card. Would we ring our details through directly.

Id have to check ive arranged it through work telling them its for me personally to get the discount so i may have to pay them and you guys pay me, if that makes sense.

sean - the price si (loony) has given you is about the best you will get for them, which IMHO are the best available for the clio, without paying silly money

and that;s from experience, cheers for that run back in feb si, maybe do it again this time round :D statred saving for the beers already

Good man, bit of luck the kit might actually be out for the 182 by then. Either way im sure i can chaffeur for the day again for you.

EK9 + Mfactory gearing..

..hey Sh33n where did you get the retail price for the H&Rs m8? been looking on europerformance.co.uk for a pic...is it the same kit (£726.68)?

the retail price came from MSWUK, some places may sell fractionally cheaper but i have seen them priced anything up to about 900 retail

eves

ClioSport Club Member
  An old banger!

anyone have any pics of the kit fitted?? how much lower will it sit?

If you can get a decent price on H&Rs then I might be interested, would this deal be limited to Clios?

Pete i would have to ask about other models but i shouldnt see it being a problem but prices i would have to ask for.

Blink, i can sort this without any problems its just a case of 5 definates stepping forward. The only issue is how to sort payment, if i run it through work then they will want to make cash on it hence bumping the price back up but will be able to take CCs, if i order them personally using works account but get them billed to me then they will work out at the price stated (you guys can owe me a beer for my time, lol) but would have to do a balance transfer to my account or pay me cheque/cash/postal order.

cock mobile.

I think I may have to back out of this now guys, sorry!!

But Ive decided to spend some cash on an exhaust now and my mates have twisted me into getting some springs rather than coilovers.

Hope everyone who showed interest can go ahead and get this good deal with Loony!

Ziel Nurburgring

sh33n, i was in the same boat. But after reading what most of the reputable companies sites have said about only changing the springs, if im going to do it im going to do it properly.

How many are intrested in this so far?

cock mobile.

Ahh dont tempt me!

It would have to be by credit card then, and therefore I couldnt be involved on the cheap group by through Loony! :(

right heres another option if i set up a nochex account or similar you guys could pay card on that but if we go ahead with this i need 5 definate orders and the payments to be made before i can place the order at that price.