ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Cup. Investment? Where are prices going?

Clio 172
I think the more the competition goes up in price such as the likes of the R5 , 205 and the fast Fords people will turn to the next best but cheaper affordable alternative and then that model will start to go up and that is where the Clio’s come in. They will and have all gone up in value particularly as more disappear off the roads whether that be through accidents , track day conversions or for what seems to be the thing to do with Clio’s in what in some circumstances looks like a repairable car and thats breaking them. I don’t think I have seen so many examples of a particular model being broken. Just makes my high mileage Monaco blue 172 worth more in the future as when the lower mileage ones get to expensive people will be looking at the cheaper ones .
I have been into Minis for 35+ years and there value have gone through the roof , I basically put a zero on what I would have paid for one back in late eighties early 90’s. I paid £450 for my mk1 in 1991 which certainly was no pile of junk, more what you would call a running restoration but that car in the same condition would cost £4500 to £5000 now mind you mk1 Mini prices are boosted a bit as a new shell is just under 10k plus vat making a genuine car worth more . I Still have it and it has sat unused in over 10 years and is still mint but the value has gone up about £1000 a year. However I wish I still had my 94 Bianca white S1Peugeot 106 Rallye . Bought it new for just over £9000 and good ones are well over that to buy now.