ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Cup Project

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
No offense dude - but mine makes 194bhp. What were you expecting?

It's not cammed so mid 190's is about right

In fact yours is making the same power, the same torque and the exact same curves as mine does

Mines cammed, only 438s but I would've thought closer to 200bhp.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
It's just chasing numbers really. I doubt I'd tell the difference between 193 and 200bhp but it would be nice to take it there!

They will make 215 with engine mods too. Above 215 is mega money. But you won't get 215 from just bolting a set onto a standard engine.
Most will produce 195ish or 205ish with cams

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
Are u sure its 438's and not 428's? 438's are same profile as 421's so if it was timed correctly would defo be over 200bhp.

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
I'll hopefully get down to malton for a little look at it.

Its not making bad power, last time it was there paul said the timing was bang on and he originally mapped it, so unless you've had the belts done again there shouldn't be any tweeks needed.

Is it still running the BTB?

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Average mpg since fitting the bodies;

E48F13BA-DCFB-4488-B442-334040C85B06-6816-00000377079A2986_zps36e8c6ec.jpg

I think something may be a miss there.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Booked in a week on Thursday at RS Tuning to have the timing checked / adjusted and tweaked on the dyno if required.

I wish my mpg thing still worked lol. Stupid omex

But to be fair I winged about my MPG thinking it was bad - but then on way to ClioSport Saturday and back I worked it out and got 46mpg. I think it just seems bad coming from a diesel

ph2 172
Yeah, back in Thursday so will see if the timing is off or not. If it isn't I might have to start looking for some 421s! It never ends...

That is what I plan on using when mine gets valve stem seals done, be rude not to while belts and cams are out!

What do you think to the bodies then after driving around on them?

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
That is what I plan on using when mine gets valve stem seals done, be rude not to while belts and cams are out!

What do you think to the bodies then after driving around on them?

I like them. The car is really quite smooth - even around town which is nice.