ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Cup Project

Richyy182

ClioSport Club Member
  BG Clio 182 FF
Out of the garage for a wash today;

Washed the fleet today;

11368548714_e9f6098776_z.jpg

Untitled by cobzy1, on Flickr

11368608383_3a6fdba2c5_z.jpg

Untitled by cobzy1, on Flickr

You mate are living the dream

Richyy182

ClioSport Club Member
  BG Clio 182 FF
Owning them is a dream but running them is a nightmare!

The family bus didn't even make the picture either!

11824139183_61c1acf275_z.jpg

Family bus by cobzy1, on Flickr

Jesus! You must just be constantly cleaning these cars!

Like the collection.

If you now pull a pic out of a E30 M3 Evo 2 in another garage I'm deleting this account.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Had a few sniffs and got quite a few watchers on eBay but no one has come to view yet.

Obviously I've got the issue with the coilies been seized at the front so thinking about sacking them off and going down the Cooksport and new cup shock route. Cup shocks would be £151 delivered and then the cup shocks are £120 odd when back in stock.

Im happy to be in the position where I don't have to sell the cup so don't have to take any low baller offers and if I don't get what I want will happily keep it.

172 Turbo
Had a few sniffs and got quite a few watchers on eBay but no one has come to view yet.

It's a real difficult one as one of sniffs you've had, it looks a great car BUT it legally can't be taken for a test drive, there is the issue with the coil overs and one key.

If I was you and I suspect the issue is that it's no longer insured, I'd tax it, even if you have to get day insurance and ignore the continuous insurance laws during the sale, so people like me can take it for a spin.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
It's a real difficult one as one of sniffs you've had, it looks a great car BUT it legally can't be taken for a test drive, there is the issue with the coil overs and one key.

If I was you and I suspect the issue is that it's no longer insured, I'd tax it, even if you have to get day insurance and ignore the continuous insurance laws during the sale, so people like me can take it for a spin.

Understand where you're coming from and if I was in a proper rush to sell I probably would tax it but I'm not. I'm not advocating driving a car without tax BUT there are 'private' roads near me where it can be done if that was a major sticking point. I'm not into paying road tax for a car that's in the garage!

At this rate I think ill end up keeping it and enjoy it myself in the summer. Ditch the spax and go oem with cooksports.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
You going to keep it on the 2118s when/if you ditch the spax?

Yeah, the originals went a long time ago!

re the spax, they get mixed reviews and if it wasn't for the sticking issue they've been alright. Spax offer a refurb service so may look into that when they're off the car as I believe they're less than two years old.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Get it on some trackdays.. Use a trailer so not tax or insurance.

Thought about it but;

1) I don't have a trailer
2) I don't have a tow bar
3) I'd have to do a test to tow legally

If I was to do all the above it would probably cost me the same as a couple of years tax and insurance!

Doncaster_k9 does have a trailer though so may recruit him if possible!

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
It's a shame to see you selling as it was a very good car a few years back and looks to of been kept in good condition since my brother sold it.

I would try hold on to it as you will only regret selling it when its gone.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
It's a shame to see you selling as it was a very good car a few years back and looks to of been kept in good condition since my brother sold it.

I would try hold on to it as you will only regret selling it when its gone.

In two minds tbh but just doesn't get used - literally!

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
I've got an old trailer that I got with my mi16 u can have for £300 you might need to knock a ramp up as I've lost it somewhere :(

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
Probably on the motorway more like. . Its a bit tatty but works perfectly well.. I bought a brian James so surplus to requirements