ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 engine mounts (where are they)

As it says, where can I find all the engine mounts. I think one is loose and want a go at tightening it myself before taking it to a garage.

Lee

BMW M2C

Give the engine a good hard pull, or in gear let the clutch up with the brakes on with someone watching the engine. Youll soon see if there is more movement than there should be.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Another is underneath

its attached to the gearbox i looks like a twisted bit of metal

Okay, found all those three. If I rock the engine with both hands, there is 4/5mm play in the top left mount (the one in Toms pic above). Does that sound too much?

Im trying to cure the banging under acceleration problem...

Rhys, I was getting the banging on fast gear changes (coming off the clutch quick), could not really feel play in either of the mounts (like you a few mills on the top one), but tightening the bottom mount to the chassis/subframe by no more than half a turn on the nut seems to have cured it. You may have sorted by now, if not you can get to this quiet easy by sticking your head under the front of the the near side wheel to reach the nut under the lower mount, youll need a socket on an extension bar. I also cured the play in the gear linkage whilst under there, take a look whilst your hands are dirty!.

Thanks for that BrynO - Ive been living with this f*cking banging for the last 3 years and Renault insist its normal! Ill have a look whenever the weather brightens up... if it ever does!

Anyhow, you mentioned play in the gear linkage - is there any easy way for a semi-r****d such as myself to spot this? I occassionally find it difficult getting into 2nd and wonder if this might be screwed too? Renault seem to have no idea, so I may as well fix it myself!

Cheers,

Matt