ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 in a mk1, Superfatdan's very very long project....

Mr Underhill

ClioSport Club Member
We have some awesome techies, but another common-theme is:

“Mike, when can you look at my missus Tucson?”

Mike: “Who’s bringing it in?”

Me!

Mike: “Take it to Halfords”.

Now I’m never sure if it’s because my missus is younger and better looking than me - sorry no pics - or that I’m a complete pain-in-the-fookin-arse (Latin for perfectionist).

Probably the latter.

Cads

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, Merc C180 Est
No idea on what it’s worth but is it worth making it road legal? I’ve no idea how much work that would entail, but it may broaden your audience and make it a little more desirable?

colesy

ClioSport Club Member
  172 182 197 E61 530D
Is it useable, Or do the f**k ups from beanie sport need sorting first?

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
Dan, just store it for a while before you make a stilly decision. I understand you have money in it but other than clutch niggles is been amazing the past few times I've seen it in action.

If the clutch is whats bugging you most I can make some time to come help you sort it. I think its pulling air in from the master, or one of the banjo fittings.

What else is upsetting you with it?

Bluebeard

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Dan, just store it for a while before you make a stilly decision. I understand you have money in it but other than clutch niggles is been amazing the past few times I've seen it in action.

If the clutch is whats bugging you most I can make some time to come help you sort it. I think its pulling air in from the master, or one of the banjo fittings.

What else is upsetting you with it?
Very kind mate. Yes the clutch and the gearbox are what’s making me hate it. When it was standard it was mint. I’ve then spent north of £5k on a fresh box, diff, custom shafts and hydraulic clutch and it’s 100 tines worse than it was before. I hate it now.

@colesy - just the continuous air getting in to the clutch line is the only fault with the car. I can (and do) drive around it but after spending £££ on it, it’s made me hate it.

Flat Eric

Sing Hosanna!!
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Very kind mate. Yes the clutch and the gearbox are what’s making me hate it. When it was standard it was mint. I’ve then spent north of £5k on a fresh box, diff, custom shafts and hydraulic clutch and it’s 100 tines worse than it was before. I hate it now.

@colesy - just the continuous air getting in to the clutch line is the only fault with the car. I can (and do) drive around it but after spending £££ on it, it’s made me hate it.

It's such a shame you feel like that with the car. At the same time though, I can understand exactly why you'd feel like it.

It is still hands down the most fun I've ever had in a car on track, I absolutely love the thing!

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
I’m thinking of selling this.

Since it’s last trip to Beaniesport - and the f**king s**t state they left it in - I’ve fallen out of love with it.

Whats it worth? How do I price it?!

Mk1 clio 16v
Totally rust free - all original arches and sills - no filler!
172 running gear
Gripper
Hydraulic clutch conversion
Cage

Etc etc. most of you have seen it/been in it.

It’s an extremely capable little car. But every time I look at it I’m reminded that I’ve been mugged off for £££ and it makes me feel bitter and angry.

Breaking it isn’t an option. I’ve had it 17 years almost so I’d just want someone to just pay me and take it away.

Any ideas on where it should be priced?!

View attachment 1711536View attachment 1711537View attachment 1711538View attachment 1711539
Since I buy all the forum cars, I'll have this if you are serious.

Bluebeard

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
It’s a fixable problem mate. If we weren’t miles apart, I’d sort it for you as it really won’t be difficult. It’s drawing air into the system from somewhere.

What’s the issue with the box? Diff to aggressive? That’s another fixable problem.
Crunches in 5th.

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Standard. Thats another thing it went to Beaniesport for and never got.

I put a B&M short shifter in the car and asked him to fit it. Came back with no B&M Short shifter.

The more I think about the more I need to just go and beat him up and delete his number and move on with my life.
Well he did you a favour not fitting that tbh as it will kill the box quicker than anything else!

But I agree, maybe you do need to go and knock the s**t out of him and then move on with your life mate.

All of this is fixable though mate, and personally, I think you’d kick yourself if you sold this car over something as small an issue as this. It’s not even an issue, it’s just a niggle.

Do you use it for any autumn/winter trackdays? If you don’t, I’ll come down and see what we can sort. 👍🏻

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
All of this is fixable though mate, and personally, I think you’d kick yourself if you sold this car over something as small an issue as this. It’s not even an issue, it’s just a niggle.

Do you use it for any autumn/winter trackdays? If you don’t, I’ll come down and see what we can sort. 👍🏻

This sounds like a fun get together... I'll pop over to 'contribute'