ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 intemittent wipe not working (lines on stalk not autowipers)

i have recently bought a 172 and when i put the wipers onto the first setting which is intermittent it will wipe once then not wipe again. The stalk has lines on it to change the time between wipes ive moved this but still to no avail....is this a common problem? Any fix for it? isit the stalk, relay, or something else? thanks in advance. p.s. ive tried searching couldn't find anything.
Nick

WRX
It isn't the delay time that it alters, it is the sensitivity of the auto wipers. I'd never realised until a recent post, I presumed it was the delay like you but I've always left it on auto.

1.2 16v
I test drove one last year and im pretty sure you could speed up thr intermittent one. His problem is it wipes once, and thats it. Relay possibly, or dud fuse?

Many.
It has auto wipers, so most likely the sensor on the windscreen, assuming it is actually raining.

Not proper intermitten wipe, lines are for sensitivity.

Thanks for the replies. So the lines are for the sensitivity i.e. amount of rain before the wipers wipe...not the speed that the wipers go? so the fix is to replace the rain sensor or change the gel pad on it? or something else?
or....can i not turn off the auto wipe and have it be an intermittent wipe?