ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 keeps dying after sitting in traffic??!????

Monaco Blue Clio 172
I have a 02 plate 172, if I sit in traffic for 15 - 20 mins on my way to work the engine will sometimes just cut out dead and has done it a few times recently while just driving along. Tachometer drops to nothing even if the cars traveling at speed in gear then It will not re start for 10 - 15 mins but then will drive fine. 99% sure it's ECU related as it never registers a fault code when I scan the car almost like its overheating and going into thermal shut down. Have done all the obvious checks of wiring loom for chaffing and the pins on the ecu plug are all tight and corrosion free but have come up with nothing.

Are there any common issues that could be causing this?

Monaco Blue Clio 172
It already had the correct blue plug on the crank sensor so was just plug and play. Wasn't massively expensive so I'm happy to try another one on there

Monaco Blue Clio 172
It was a eurocarparts facet one as it died totally on my way into work one day and I needed to get it fixed to get myself home. I ll get a genuine one ordered on Monday.