ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 lumpy drive when cold

Clio 172
Hi all,

I have this problem that's been bothering me for a while - lumpy performance when cold.

This is in addition to the lumpy idle others on this forum describe.. this is while I'm driving.

It's hard to explain but it feels a bit jumpy and touchy, especially noticeable when in high gears in slow moving traffic.

Also when in 5th gear at low revs it feels as if there's a shuddering coming from the engine.

Once the temp reaches about 1/4 up the dial it all disappears and the car runs smooth as silk....

I have recently replaced the RHS driveshaft (hoping that might have fixed it but no) and am going to change the dogbone bushes etc soon - hoping any of these might help..

Anybody have any ideas???

RB 182 195bhp
My car does this always, it's just where it's cold the revs drop sharply when you lift off and the running is a touch lumpy

My 1.2 was doing this lately and I cleaned out the throttle body and now it starts and runs like a dream. Might be worth doing? Cleaned it out using carb cleaner.
Goodluck!

bozothenutter

ClioSport Club Member
I always had this, revs would drop when pulling awau...just a little mind you.
Then a few weeks ago my front lambda went, replaced it and the dip in revs is gone.
Must have been the lambda degrading or something.

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Mine is like this every time its cold. It also pops and bangs alot when its cold.

Are all clio renaultsports not like this though?