ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 phase 1 air con and pas pump removed advice pls!

Williams 2
Have bought a cup alternator set up after removing air con and pas pump. Have looked at some of the threads on here and bought the recommended 5pk847 (from memory) belt.

fitted it all up today, can any of our tech experts confirm I have routed the belt correctly?

This is view from bottom front with water pump closest (copy and paste whole link)

http://s1347.photobucket.com/user/r...le Uploads/image_zps9370d576.jpg.html?filters[user]=136120559&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=0

View from top down alternator nearest:

http://s1347.photobucket.com/user/r...le Uploads/image_zps2df2a0e8.jpg.html?filters[user]=136120559&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=1

have I routed round the water pump correctly?

Also, I have the 5 rib belt 'to the left' of the crank pulley, but to the right of the alternator pulley as I think this will run the aux belt straight. I can't start the car yet to check but does the belt maybe need to be moved over to the left a notch on the alternator pulley or is it aligned correctly?

thanks!

Norris1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172
Can't see your pics pal. But I'm running a similar set up on my ph1 if I've read your set up right.

You run the belt in the same position on all the pulleys. Can't see the pics, so routing isn't able to be commented on. However I'm dubious of running it without the pas pump, as if the belt runs from the crank straight to the alt, it cuts into the lower cambelt cover from what I've seen.

Williams 2
Thanks guys, the links should work you just need to copy and paste the whole lot into your browser rather than clicking it should work, it only highlighted half if the text for some reason.

the belt I have has 5 ribs, if the fit it to the left hand side grooves of the crank pulley then it misses the cam cover.

All I'm worried about is the water pump pulley, which is my reason for asking. The belt doesn't wrap around it, it's merely pulled across I didn't know if this was the correct way, obviously need to see the pics to understand what I'm talking about...

Williams 2
That would be the obvious solution.

problem I have is that on another thread 3 people have used this belt so what I want to know now is what might be different about mine, or more importantly something I may have done wrong!

172 Ph1
ry2e8ubu.jpg