ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Spacer advice for 15” wheels with brembos

172 Cup,R8, Exige S1
Hi guys,

Fitting brembos on my 172 today running 280 discs. The caliper has been machined to fit 15” wheels. I have 15” team dynamic e40 (1.2 15x7.0 e40 4x100 60.1 B53) . Tried to fit the wheel on without spacers and it was a no go as the brembo is hitting the wheel. Tried adding a 10mm spacer, still hits, tried 20mm spacer and seems to fit. Does anyone know the exact spacer size needed or if I keep it at 20mm is this extreme? The car is a track car. I currently have a studd conversion

VenomUK

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
How did you get on in the end? I'm looking at wheels for mine and would like to add Brembos to my 172 at a later date but cant seem to get a clear or straight answer? So what needs to be machined as I've read the caliper needs a little tickle but never read about the bracket?

Mine is also track focused more than anything and worried if running spacers if that's a weak point for stress?

Desmoben1

ClioSport Club Member
  172 ph2
How did you get on in the end? I'm looking at wheels for mine and would like to add Brembos to my 172 at a later date but cant seem to get a clear or straight answer? So what needs to be machined as I've read the caliper needs a little tickle but never read about the bracket?

Mine is also track focused more than anything and worried if running spacers if that's a weak point for stress?
Also very interested... my track car running 15” oz superleggaras with studs so would love to hear / read more.