ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 - Steam coming out of front of bonnet

Driving to work yesterday and noticed steam coming out very slowlt out of the front left side of the bonnet and grill. Temp gauge was fine, so looked ubder bonnet, still got collant in expansion tank and there is no signs of leaks, but can smell coolant?

Anyone have any suggestions?

I am having no luck with this 172!!

Owned it three months and had to have:

CV Gators,

Brake Lines,

Brake Pads,

and now a coolant leak that I can't find!!!!!:dapprove:

Breaking A 172 Replica
Yeah mine does this ^^^

It is just the rain hitting the radiator and i know what you mean it smells of coolant.

Nothing to worry about though mate.

Sam

Definately a small leak somewhere in the rad. Tried some RAD Weld, seems to have sorted it. Not sure how long for though!!!! Does the fan rub on the rad then?

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
I've had steam coming out under the bonnet numeroues of times only happens just a few mins after i started the car my guess just rain

monaco blue 172
just change my radiator, steam was coming out around n/s headlight,the radiator fan housing was rubbing on the rad and because its so close to the rad you could'nt see it leak until you removed the rad housing and then start the car
bought new rad £85 check round so many different prices
could'nt get it repaired because its plastic outers and ali cores
hope this helps

Monaco Blue 172
£85 sounds pretty good to me!

i'm losing coolant at the mo as well, rather annoying as its barely 6 weeks since i had the cam dephaser repaired and now i've gotta shell out for this lot :(

i knew that badger-shaped hole would come back to haunt me :rolleyes: still i ought to get it all sorted before summer heats up!