ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 vs 182? Racing Blue only on Cup?

182, Q7, Focus, XFR
Hi all,

Been looking into this more, and the missus is off the idea of the 172 Cup as it has no Air Con (well, some do, but rare as hen's teeth).

So, now looking at FF 172's. Just wondering what the opinion is of the 172 vs 182 for those that have driven them? Is it worth paying that bit extra for a newer 182?

Also - the Racing Blue is a colour we keep seeing and liking, is it only available on 182 Cup's?

S1RST/205GTI
I was in the same situation,i was going to get a 172 cup in silver with aircon,but these are ultra rare and i only saw one for sale in London.
Made the decision and spent a couple of grand more and got a racing blue 182(both cup packs),only got it last Thursday and i love it:) :)

BMW Z4 3.0i
There were 90 172 cup's made in silver and only 33 of these had air con. (UK market)

brisa4984

ClioSport Club Member
if racing blue is ure deciding factor then youll have to get the 182.

If your not worried about the styling differences and want to save a couple of grand for servicing etc. then its the FF172.

182, Q7, Focus, XFR
So all in, the differences between the 182 and 172 are pretty much styling then?

We both love the 172 Cup the most. It's just the lack of A/C (and ABS is quite important). The later ones prob aren't so focused, but I think it's me whose trying for the focused drive, she'd be happier with a bit of leather and some leccy mirrors etc..

182FF+Cup in Racing Blue here we go - now where's them tights and me sawn off shotgun - I'm off to the bank....

182FF c/w Recaros
Putting aside all technical issues, 182 wees all over the 172 styling wise, imo.

Inferno/Racing Blue/Liquid - fab colours and those Anthrasite wheels.........:approve:

Black Gold with cup packs
Oh thank you I had a Fa**y feeling it was something to do with a fully loaded package