ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Vs Williams Battle - Manchester

Last night on the good old Handforth bypass got my first taste of the 172.

Things went pretty much as you might expect.. ie: I caught up round the roundabouts but the extra 20 odd horses of the 172 meant it slowly pulled away on the straight bits... I was impressed by their grunt... they certainly shift.

Have to say I bottled it a bit at !15mph, the 172 driver didnt seem too arsed.

Was it anyone on here?

What time Dan & wot bit of bypass... i was off to the missus gaff down the Bramhall bit. There was some guys in front of me as i got on at Woodford in a tarted up Polo big wheels lowered exhaust tints etc. behind him some lads in a Clio 1.whatever thing. So when i politely stuck up there arse wanting to blast off got the old dab on the brakes treatment yawn ..!! get out the way kids me missus needs a seing too..!!! and off i went. Some people eh.. Still not seen you in me Cup.. but if i do ill let you know..

It would have been abot 8.30 seedy old chap.

I got on the bypass about Gatley, was pootling along waiting for a bit of engine temp when a 172 eases past me... clocks on that I am in the beast and floors it.

I obviously leg it after him and so begins about 5 miles of ridiculously fast roundabout action... must say the 172 had the legs on me on the straights but I clawed it back on the roundabouts as I say...

By checking out the members area there is a guy called Jon Berry who lives in Bramhall way with a 172 mk1... I can only assume it was him but he doesnt come on the forum...

The tarted up polo was obviously going to the retail park for the weekly cruise thing.... I was just trawling the bypass for any action... found some in a big way.

ah the good old by-pass eh boys? i might have to go scouting down there soon. when i get license back! be afraid, very afraid!:devilish:

its the wilmslow bypass paddy... the A34. It has a couple of cameras and then miles of national speed limit tarmac punctuated by roundabouts... quality.

Oi Dan !!!! :) Im here. Ok I dont post as much as I should but Im always on here reading !

Wasnt me Im afraid, I have a Red MK1. Am always blatting about there though, part of my normal blow the cobwebs off run out. Down to Macclesfield on the dual carriageway, From Macc to Alderly Edge (nice road when its empty) and the back again on the Handforth bypass !

Will have to keep an eye out !

Damn... if its not you john then I dont know who it was... never mind.

Guess ill see you guys on there eventually...Il keep my eyes pealed.