ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The runabout.. Staying standard. Well was.

53 Clio's & counting
Well you know my option from my text mate, still it means cracking on with the engine work now on both...

Well had a few spare minutes at the weekend, so decided to just bung the locking tools in and see if I'd gotten away with murder.

I hadn't. No compression atall. Ah well, nothing ventured nothing gained.

Whilst stripping it down I've found a few quite worrying bodges, which of course will be rectified before it goes anywhere near the road.

Had a good look around it, it needs 2 rear shocks, and some front discs, but ill run the pads out before replacing those.

Had a good chat with cooksport when he was down and I think I may run a set of his springs in the cup and a new set of cup shocks.

Well, started down here at 6am straight after a night shift.

Oil and filter changed.

Now into the wheel alignment.
22F118C1-30B3-427E-B509-DD05A5419605-1037-000000B25CA19D91_zpsc93ae646.jpg

Brake fluid change afterwards and then I can go home to bed.

RS172 Flamer
Casually just reading this thread start to finish. Just shows how little knowledge I have when comparing to you guys haha. Well done with the 200 bhp and unlucky with the cup :/

Hmmm 20v 172 Cup

Aye. What he said.

Well cars all prepped, new super blue fluid, oil and filter, plugs, wheel alignment.

Throttle body, coil, leads, injectors all raided from the cup as spares.

Right well there has been a slight change of plan, I'm having to postpone the 20vt conversion. Reason being is the OH is selling her car, and will need a few months to save up towards her new one, so I suggested that I throw the engine from this in the cup as planned, take the suspension and exhaust with me. Then build an engine to go into this, transfer the cup suspension to the Monaco, and then she can use this as a daily.

So summary:
Engine/running gear/suspension from this to the cup
New engine for this
Gf gets it as a daily for a few months.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Cheers mate, it felt really good. Only let down was my lack of talent and the road tyres!

If you lack talent, I have a talent vacuum mate, lol

You were going well, the tyres were the only issue and you managed to drive around that pretty well too!

53 Clio's & counting
Come get my spare shell, crack on with the 20v using my shell as a template, then it will be all ready to chuck in the Monaco when the time comes - plus with my shell you don't need to worry about cutting bits off as it will be scrapped anyway

Flol! Cheers, I'd be alot more comfortable if I'd done the track more I think

Come get my spare shell, crack on with the 20v using my shell as a template, then it will be all ready to chuck in the Monaco when the time comes - plus with my shell you don't need to worry about cutting bits off as it will be scrapped anyway

I've just got rid of 1 shell lol, don't think I'll be allowed to replace it with another lol