ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 172 and cup doors ...

noticed today that the hinges on the doors of my 182 dont look too hot, have a habit of letting door fly open which inevitably stresses the hinge. just wondered if any 172 or cup owners have had any problems with the hinges over longer term ??

Nope..has a 172 andnow a 182 and no probs at all.

dont let the door fly open or you will get problems.

A little care goes a long way!

clio 182

on my 172 i was worried about the doors flyin open all the time the doors are seriously heavy on these cars but on my 182 the doors seem a bit stiffer some how maybe cos its new take care with the doors:sick:

yeh, my company car is a gs 300 lexus and i fling the doors open with hands free and laptop willy nilly .. its easy, i dont really own it although it is a fine car in sport guise and a lesson in refinement to the BMWs i hate with a passion, utterly overrated and being an unlucky 325i owner for 2 years. why all the fuss about rear wheel drive. to be honest its one of the things as a regular company driver and car lover i never understood. magazine articles bestowing greatness upon beemers, all i would say is try owning one, kudos and image Pah !!! when did you last see a schoolboy with a beemer on his bedroom wall. ridiculously expensive options, reasonable dynamics but lots of headaches and pretty unreliable as a lot of colleagues agree with, the jag x-type is a much more complete car in my opinion and ultimately the BM is all about perception than actual ability.. bring forth the 182, great dynamics a car that really demands attention and as a huge fan of clarkson i cant sum it up better, even my 7 months pregnant wife agrees.. its like a puppy .. where now, i want more, endless energy, serious pace. i love it and as a medium exec owner for many years just dont believe the hype. if you have a172, cup or 182 or anything with equivalent dynamics.. BE HAPPY you are experiencing true motoring, f**k the bits that fall off enjoy the twisty bits that make you want to waste every last drop of fuel you can afford.. as for the doors, you are right, ill have to be more careful but its a small price to pay for real motoring..

dk

911 GTS Cab

back on topic, i have noticed the door doesnt stay at the right angle for me, itg is either too acute, or flings wide open, i am constantly having to watch it.

Ph-Sold!

Clio 3drs have huge doors, Ive got a nice light dent all down one of mine where the wind caught it and blew it into GFs house! Big doors + Renault build quality = :sick: