ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 brakes - help me decipher MOT brake info??

Clio 182
Had MOT today which it passed (6 years old) but told rear brakes are low (wasn't an advisory though).

They came out as:
front brake 305 and 302
rear brake 141 and 149
hand brake 93 and 101

Can anyone explain above readings to me?! :eek:

Da

Less
Looking at those figures, I can only assume it's this -

Determine the weight of the vehicle from the current Brake Data Chart (the data includes an element of 140 kg or 300 Ibs for the weight of the driver, fuel, tools, etc.) Calculate the service brake percentage efficiency by dividing the total brake effort achieved when the service brake is applied by the vehicle weight and then multiplying the result by 100,

ie;
Total brake effort x 100 = % Efficiency
Vehicle Weight

Calculate the parking brake percentage efficiency by dividing the total brake effort achieved when the parking brake is applied by the vehicle weight and then multiplying the result by 100, as above.

- as taken from the MOTUK.co.uk website.

Clio 182
Thanks.. still bit confused, was mainly wondering how bad they are and how much more I could use them safely before changing :S

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Forever*, they do f**k all.

Its fine ignore it.

Last edited: