ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 cup pack Coil Spring Front snapped

Titanium Clio 182
Noticed yesterday when getting new tyres fitted, i'm risking driving 300 miles to Portsmouth, should be ok (I hope).

How much do they cost, is there a part number?
Is there a big difference between cup pack and non cup pack?
Should I replace in pairs?
Are they easy to chance, what do I need to change them?

Thanks

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
they're roughly £80 each for genuine, yes cup packed are different, and yes they need to be replaced in pairs.
You'd honestly be better off replacing the whole set with some subtle lowering springs

Titanium Clio 182
they're roughly £80 each for genuine, yes cup packed are different, and yes they need to be replaced in pairs.
You'd honestly be better off replacing the whole set with some subtle lowering springs

Do you have any recommendations to the non original ones. I would like to keep it stiff but no lowered too much. Also what rooms would I need, obviously a compression clamp. But what else, I've never done this before.

Thanks in advance.

Clio 172mk2
http://www.kamracing.co.uk/renault/renault-clio-mk2/suspension/springs.html

sportlines - lower
pro - better handling

thats whats normally pointed out on other treads

When i fitted the standard front spings its fairly simple, i didnt use a compression clamp, just one persons wieght on top whilst u get the nut on.

The top mount could be what give u most hassle if ye doing it with allen key and swan neck spanner, unless u have acces to a impact gun.

then 2 bolts at bottom and the damper should com out. thn its acase of undoing it all copper grease on bearing etc and swap over and put back. When puting back in u might need a br to push the front arm are down enough to get bolts in etc n done

Titanium Clio 182
Thanks for the information, might order the pro ones tomorrow. The garage has quoted me £120 to fit them, I don't have any of the tools, can this be done alone or is a second person required?

Clio 172mk2
second person if u aint got spring compressors. tbh, the second person doesnt need any skills jut there to hold things etc.

as for tools, mines a 20 quid argos set n old bits left from dads tool box.

rears u wont have to do much with to change the springs.