ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 cup power steering leak

182pig

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182 sport cup
Right i did a trsckday a couple of weeks ago and think i boiled the fluid.the fluid level was spot on the correct marks etc.today ive taken the car out and whilst driving there was a noise which sounded like it was coming form the offside front(squeal).its vert wet around the o/s of the engine but i think that has flicked up from the belts.all pipes to rack etc reservoir is leak freak.all fluid dumped.with the car jacked up on the o/s the engine trays and o/s suspension ate wet.ive pulled some of the guards off snd had a pal go lock to lock with and without the car running.iyou can see it trickle under the bottom of the pumo and around on to the sump.looks like pump tbh.is this s comonish fault?best/cheaoest place for a pump etc.cherrs paul

182pig

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182 sport cup
Thank you mate very helpful.is it remove alternator and radiator?

Clio 182 Trophy
I have the same problem, but think I have two problems?

After lots of searching I can't find info on a similar problem. The block where most of the pipes connect to the steering rack are all covered in oil (i assume PAS fluid). Theres nothing obvious on the main pressure pipe, I have read they rub on the heat shield but not sure where this happens.

Has anyone had to replace a steering rack because of leakage, or do I need to explore other options? Car has only done 65k miles.

There is also oil on o/s of engine and sump, my worst fear is the PAS pump. It's a bit strange if the system is leaking in two places after that sort of mileage, but I guess something is wrong for it to leak at all! I have read the pressure sensor is a common point to leak, but mine seems fine. Typical, the cheap easy fix isn't an option!