ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Cup - spare wheels

Hello there is Welsh again posting about 182's.

I have now seen 2 182's for sale with cup wheels and a fifth spare wheel? (proper alloy wheel)

Renault garage said they come with a spare wheel in the boot, means you get no boot?!

My thinking is that the car is standard and someone has bought cup wheels (5 of them) and the spare is in the boot?

Any ideas, sorry but seems strange as i thought 182 only came with the 4 wheels, no spare?

many thank

Welsh

A white and black one
182's can't have a spare cause there is no where to put one cause of the twin exhaust, well its always good to have a spare on any car

my concern is that they are being sold with both cup packs (they have cup wheels) but just have the wheels. but the Renault guy didnt have a clue and said the cambelt should be changed at 60,000 i am sure is 34 or 36.

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Yeah you're right Welsh, i did the same thing, bought an extra wheel as a spare.

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
I bought a Extra wheel and its in the boot under my cargo net for my long motorway journeys.

ah ok so the person may have bought a spare wheel then. Fair enough.
The the special tyres the exalto's (sp) are they run flats or if you get a puncture thats it you are knackered?

depends how fast and how long you carry on with them flat, more than 20 meters prob f*cked. Worst thing is the 'get me home' tyre foam they include in the 182 will also shag your tyre!

Clio 182
Sounds a bit odd to me, a lot of dealers don't seem to know anything about the cliosport range.

No point in lugging around a spare wheel in the boot, extra weight for the sake of it. Can of Holt's tyreweld is enough to get you to a garage.

As far as servicing goes, cambelt is 72,000 miles (i think...), aux belt is 36k or 3 years whichever is first.

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
Sounds a bit odd to me, a lot of dealers don't seem to know anything about the cliosport range.

No point in lugging around a spare wheel in the boot, extra weight for the sake of it. Can of Holt's tyreweld is enough to get you to a garage.

As far as servicing goes, cambelt is 72,000 miles (i think...), aux belt is 36k or 3 years whichever is first.

Completely disagree, i wouldnt drive on a motorway with out a spare, admittidly at home i take my spare out but when ever im going motorways of a substantial distance i always prefer to have a spare, that tire weld stuff is useless.