ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 fuel non-return valve and FPR

182 Trophy
Please can someone provide a description of where the fuel non-return valve and fuel pressure regulator are situated on a 182 F4R? Are they both built into the fuel pump assembly under the rear seat?

If anyone has a diagram of the fuelling system, even better!!

182 Trophy
Thanks @Dan@SJM, much appreciated.

Would a tired non-return valve or FPR in the fuel pump assembly cause start-up issues/hesitation, or is that more likely to be due to TDC sensor, earths, starter motor?

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
More likely to be somewhere else, probably want to go through the ignition system first.
What sorta miles is the car on?

182 Trophy
@R3k1355, the car is on 115k and drives superbly. I've been doing quite a bit of servicing/overhaul work since I bought it anyway, including all the usual stuff like battery, oil/filter, coolant/thermostat/water pump, discs/pads, spark plugs, leads, coil pack, injectors, cambelt/depahser etc. However, the less than eager start-up puzzles me and there aren't that many places still to look....TDC sensor seems a likely culprit, think the one on there might be original!!

182 Trophy
Useful info, thanks @Dan@SJM.
Sometimes it starts up quick as you'd expect on the key. Sometimes it just sort of stumbles into life but never had to resort to a second turn of the key so far! Quickest starts are often when it's been left for a while. The slow, just about kick into life starts are often when using the car throughout the day.

182 Trophy
Unlikely to be the fuel pump but not impossible. You want a fuel pressure test before you do anything

@Dan@SJM, sounds like a good plan.

I see that a basic fuel pressure test kit is only around £25-30 online. Just had a look under the bonnet...where is the fuel pressure test point on the F4R, as it certainly isn't obvious (to me at least)!

What sort of pressures should I be looking for on pre-ignition and at idle?

A basic kit won't work I'm afraid, as there is no test point. I've just shelled out nearly £500 on the genuine Renault kit (and that still needs faffing to fit a 1*2 fuel rail). I'd like to see about 1 bar on pre gin and 3bar idle as its not rising rate

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
You've done the belts/dephaser/water pump - did you do those yourself??

182 Trophy
You've done the belts/dephaser/water pump - did you do those yourself??

I'm afraid not.
I know a Renault trained mechanic who did the job for me, along with a load of other 'hard to do' bits!

Shame about the lack of fuel pressure test point, makes things a little more challenging from a diagnosis point of view!!