ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 matched inlet, cams, and a remap?

clio 182
winter is coming so I'm going to be working lots and saving lots trying to get some money behind me and get a few mods done ready for next summer!

my question is, will matched inlets with cams and a remap be noticeable?

I'm currently running a scorpion exhaust system and a pipercross viper but that's as far as engine mods go...

also clueless about cam would be best...

any help would be much appreciated! cheers, chris :)

Clio 182
Was thinking of doing this, they quote about 20 extra ponies for these mods which should be noticeable and the driving will feel better... thinoing of doing this myself sometime... cat cams 438 people seem to go for :)

clio 182
Was thinking of doing this, they quote about 20 extra ponies for these mods which should be noticeable and the driving will feel better... thinoing of doing this myself sometime... cat cams 438 people seem to go for :)

just been reading about 438 cams actually! these mods seems to be the ones to do to actually gain bhp, before you go spending big money on ITBs or turbo!

I am hoping on matched inlets sometime this year and then cams and a remap would be next year

Clio 182
just been reading about 438 cams actually! these mods seems to be the ones to do to actually gain bhp, before you go spending big money on ITBs or turbo!

I am hoping on matched inlets sometime this year and then cams and a remap would be next year

Yeah they say about 5hp for matched inlets, whther its true or not I dont know... should get a dyno of what the car is currently running and then after you have done the mods and remap you cna thne get it dyno'd again to see the gains ;) Nd yeha 438 is what people seem to get gains from, very hard to get big gains for low money woth the cliosport haha I would love to turbo mine sometime haha

clio 182
Yeah they say about 5hp for matched inlets, whther its true or not I dont know... should get a dyno of what the car is currently running and then after you have done the mods and remap you cna thne get it dyno'd again to see the gains ;) Nd yeha 438 is what people seem to get gains from, very hard to get big gains for low money woth the cliosport haha I would love to turbo mine sometime haha

yeah I'm planning these mods and then just concentrate on some bigger brakes, ARB, solid top mounts etc!

but yeah mate that's what dreams are made of, TURBO hahaha, far to much money for me unfortunately :( in the near future anyway....

Clio 182
yeah I'm planning these mods and then just concentrate on some bigger brakes, ARB, solid top mounts etc!

but yeah mate that's what dreams are made of, TURBO hahaha, far to much money for me unfortunately :( in the near future anyway....

Same here to be honest, wwight saving too, who needs the rear seats ;) haha I agree it is too much for me too, £4k upwards... good luck with your project

Clio 172 phase 1
dont think youll get much more than possibly 20bhp.... these engines are soo much money todo, im looking at getting around 220-240 bhp outta mine and im willing to spend 5k .... however 5k dosent get you much! .... i want itbs as i love the noise, but im on 100k and want to rebuild it by the time ive added bearings valves valve springs rods bolts pistons cam im upto nearly 5k and still hae to fork out for some one to build it! .... mad money

Clio Trophy
i did not think the cost of matched inlets vs the gains were worth it on the 182 if you have rs stamped inlets

clio 182
dont think youll get much more than possibly 20bhp.... these engines are soo much money todo, im looking at getting around 220-240 bhp outta mine and im willing to spend 5k .... however 5k dosent get you much! .... i want itbs as i love the noise, but im on 100k and want to rebuild it by the time ive added bearings valves valve springs rods bolts pistons cam im upto nearly 5k and still hae to fork out for some one to build it! .... mad money

indeed mad money! seems worth it tho if you do have the money! i luckily hit 50k the other day so have plenty more miles left! :)
248dcabb3667616edf9c32d913744ec9.jpg

but seeing as I'm 22, insurance is already a killer I think I will stick with my initial thoughts of matched inlets in the next month or two, then cams and a remap start of next year! trying to save up for a house but keep being persuaded to buy car parts which I need to stop!

clio 182
i did not think the cost of matched inlets vs the gains were worth it on the 182 if you have rs stamped inlets

I will have to check if I have RS stamped inlets, but I'm willing on buying a new set anyway to neaten up my engine bay make it look nice and new :) £168 off jam sport doesn't seem too steep for then possible gains in my eyes?

You'll definitely notice a difference with cams and a remap.

I had 438s on mine before I went for ITBs and loved the difference. It just felt more alive and willing to pull all the way up to the red line.

As for figures. If you have a healthy engine with a good exhaust and intake already. With matched inlets and a cam upgrade you will be looking at around a 15bhp increase.

I had 189bhp and 176lbs ft from my car on 438s and all the trimmings. Baring in mind a healthy normal non freak engine is about 170bhp standard.

Not cheap though, but if your belts need doing it's worth the extra.

Clio Trophy
i thinking of dropping in some cams next year when i get the belts done, not sure if to go for 197 cams, or some cat cams

clio 182
i thinking of dropping in some cams next year when i get the belts done, not sure if to go for 197 cams, or some cat cams

I have the parts for my belts to be done too and I am wondering which are the best cams to get then I will get them done at the same time!