ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 meets bird..........

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30

Travelling along at 80mph in the middle lane of the M40 this morning when I see a bird travelling across the motorway...

I had no choice but to hit it.... with a nice thud and saw the bird bounce off to the side.

I pulled over hoping that I hadnt cracked either of the grills, and was pleasantly surprised that only a few feathers marked the impact point (just above the number plate).

Very fortunate I guess.

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold

Ouchy!

The only thing i managed to hit yesterday was traffic on the M40 :(

Silverstone turn off for services, took me 1 hour just to get up slip road and back down, didnt get a chance to get to services!!

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4

ive seen a black 182 on the M40 a few times before (I drive from Staines to North Wales and back regularly)

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30

Nah, I drive an Artic Blue.

Live in Bicester (Jct 9 M40) and work near the NEC (Jct 6 M42).

Has, you could have called in for a cuppa-T!

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold

LOL dotn u start that one ;)

now u tell me !!! plus i dotn have ur number heheh

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4

Quote: Originally posted by quickshift on 18 February 2005

anyone no who owns the phantom m40 182
i doubt anyone will own up, from what I have seen he is a slow ass!! :)

7.6cc :D

Quote: Originally posted by Has 16v on 18 February 2005

Silverstone turn off for services, took me 1 hour just to get up slip road and back down, didnt get a chance to get to services!!
Did you really need a wee?

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy

i had a similiar situation at christmas.. took my cousin out in the 182 cos he wanted to see what it was like...

going along an a road some kamikazee bird flew straight into the bumper near the foglight.

checked my rear view mirror and just saw a load of feathers...

got home and got a sponge and hose out cos i didnt want dead bird freezing onto my car... surprisingly easy to get off when fresh.

looked like that posh mustard with all the litle brown seedy things in..

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold

Quote: Originally posted by JillyB on 18 February 2005

Quote: Originally posted by Has 16v on 18 February 2005

Did you really need a wee?
LOL

nop, i just wanted to stop, after every idiot known to man was drivign on the M40 durign rush hour !!!

grrrrrr LOL

172, Tiguan

So far ive had a fox destroy the undertray, a rabbit crack the foglight, one pheasant remove the lower grill and another one get stuck in the upper grille by its legs (it was dead), this cracked the upper grille.

Little Newms

ClioSport Club Member
  182, D2 Td5 & 840CI

I remeber when my dad borrowed my first car.... His a pigeon (sp?), blood all over the front of the car! And worse off all he hit it half on the bonnet and half on the bumper, there was all sorts of bird parts in the engine :sick:

"Thanks for letting me use the car son"

LOL no probs :oops:

tiTTy & SV650

Id never seen a wild badger before in my life until the first time I brought my new 182 upto where I work, boy that was a close call!

Had a bird fly into my driver door once, lots of feathers like a cartoon!

A bird flew into my house window once and left a big sprawled out bird shape inc open wings on the window, was hilarious, left it there for a week or two.

Drive over rabbits all the time, the turbulence makes them roll all over the place, they usually survive, probably need councilling though...

jon

were on earth do u live deep deep deep down in a little villiage?????

or on a farm where every animal or bird can attack your car ????

172, Tiguan

I live very near the Ashdown Forest in Sussex, its a bit of a nightmare for animals. The worst are the Dear, but luckily Ive managed to avoid all of them so far. *touch wood*

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30

Quote: Originally posted by jon_r on 18 February 2005

I live very near the Ashdown Forest in Sussex, its a bit of a nightmare for animals. The worst are the Dear, but luckily Ive managed to avoid all of them so far. *touch wood*
oh dear, that would make a mess...........

(Ill get my coat)

tiTTy & SV650

Quote: Originally posted by jon_r on 18 February 2005

Yeah Deer are the scary ones, dont want one in my passenger seat much. Sheep cause a lot of damage too.