ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Michelin Pilot Exalto, Will These Do??

Leo182

ClioSport Club Member
  Blk/Gld 182 Cupped
Just bought 2 new 182 cup alloys and now i'm after some tyres.

I've seen these Michelin Pilot Exalto's, but not sure if they will fit or look odd!

Full details:

205/55/R16 91W Michelin Pilot Exalto

I see the only difference being 55 instead of 45 and 91W instead of 83V.

Will they be ok or not??

I'm a bit thick with tyres lol!!

Cheers guys.

SLK 350
45 = 4.5cm sidewall.
55 = 5.5cm sidewall.

Sidewall will be higher, and your rolling diameter will increase. It will slow the car down fractionally (not noticably) and it won't handle as sharply, theres more tyre roll. The tyres will also look less sporty.

W rated is upto 169mph or something, as the Clio will manage 140mph at a push thats an overkill. Go for a good V rated tyre.

Stick with 205/45/16 mate, or 195/45/16 if money is tight.

Also look for the Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD3 (or GSD2) as these are a good £30 a corner cheaper than the PE2's, very good tyre too!

Monaco Blue Mk2
I thought the 45 etc was a ratio/percentage in relation to the width or something? Sure I remember reading that somewhere? I had always previously thought it was like ozzyo said. Seems to make more sense that way. Either way though 55 will be too big of a profile.