ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 or 172. What ya think ?

Is there much in it between a 172 ph2 and a 182 mainly FF's and FF's with Cup packs fitted i mean ?

Or they both similar in power, speed etc ? :S

As my mate has just bought a 182 and said he'll waste me.

Lol :D

On paper they look to have same top speed and accelaration etc even though it has 10bhp more :S

Both cars are decatted and have decent panel filter setup with uprated feeds

Last edited:

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
nout in it at all! My 192.6bhp 172 only just pulled away from Justin's 182 with, decat & zorst

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Its basically the same car mate . 10bhp makes no difference whatsover . I've had a 172ff and now have a 182 ff . I prefer the looks of the 182 , twin exhaust and anthracite alloys . Plus imo the 182 with cup packs handles slightly better, slightly stiffer lower springs , slightly wider track and the Michelins as fitted as standard help grip the road alot better than the 172's standard Contis .

If there is such little difference... what was the point in building a 182 lol Does Renault have a reasonf or this?

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Probably cos Peugeot released a 180 version of the 206 GTI . It was all about keeping up with the competition or " leaving it behind " lol ;)

saxo VTS, Leon Cupra
friend of mine recently upgraded from 172 to 182 and she swears blind that the 172 was quicker.. personally i can't see how there's anything in it. but i agree with mrbillyuks comment that they were only made as a marketing exercise!!

friend of mine recently upgraded from 172 to 182 and she swears blind that the 172 was quicker.. personally i can't see how there's anything in it. but i agree with mrbillyuks comment that they were only made as a marketing exercise!!

if she had a 172 cup it was!

Now its me opening cans....

saxo VTS, Leon Cupra
it wasn't mate it was 'just' a 172, i drove it a couple of times and it was quick enough, haven't driven the 182 yet....

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
If there is such little difference... what was the point in building a 182 lol Does Renault have a reasonf or this?

The point was to dupe the british public into a bit more va va voom and rip them off for a few more quid and 8bhp
In the end evryone was convinced and they sold in droves

LY V6 with Recaros
Pretty much the same, although I noticed the difference in handing between them.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
I've had a 182 and a 172. Bugger all in it. My 172 felt quicker because it had more miles on it, 182 felt stiffer but you're comparing 40k old dampers to brand new ones. I'm buying another now, and going for a 172. Like for like mileage they're about 2k cheaper. 2k=coilovers and trackdays!

Turbo LY R27
Not much in it all down to the driver. Handleing is better i found, more settled on the road at higher speeds and around bends. Power wise i only really noticed it up to about 100 and over, it does feel slightly quicker and smoother but to be honest realisticly what is a second or 2 quicker to 100? Count it in your head its not much.
I got an R27 now but if i bought one again i would by a 182, at the end of the day it is the revised model so it is better. :) But its more subtle changes and a few cosmetics. If you want to spend less get a 172.

Last edited:

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Pretty much the same, although I noticed the difference in handing between them.

Newer car. It's not comparable really...Although i tend to agree, i drove alan's 182 on eibac's and it feel nicer on the road...Not better...Just nicer.