ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 or Fiesta ST

yeah but you can also see what ever you want to see lol if you dont want to see a face you dont have too you just want too lol

look the clio has a face too

Clio%20Int.jpg

Last edited:
  One with a few more
Dubai182 said:
Some very conflicting points of view here. Firstly you say your looking forward to corning hard without worry of rolling over? Did you even try the RS hard into a corner? Its like a go cart,my 182 has hardly any body roll and i feel safe as can be in it. I had a ST for 4 weeks back in the UK and now looking back it cornered not nearly aswell IMHO.

All 172/182 come with fabulous options as you mention the ST does. Your accidents i presume came in the 1.2? But it seems your judging the RS by the same book,hardly unbias is it?

Right, well as the 182/172s are no longer being made it would be very hard for me to find the options I want. ALSO the ST comes with more updated options. I am not putting my small clio in the same book - I've alreayd said that if you look. Though what I am doing is worrying becase its still a Clio. I have a mental block there that I cant overlook. Yes I have driven them hard into corners and found the Clios didnt corner nearly as well.

Sh33n, it wasnt really conflicting. the conversion doesnt make the car a roary car, but its an option for me along with the 170 and 200 conversions if I get a bit of a slggish feeling

Some people said the Clios are cheap. Perhaps for the average person maybe but I got a large discount (twice) off the ST due to family member working fairly high up for Ford and the Ford finance deal means I can afford a focus ST easily in two years.
For me the ST was the better option in so many ways. The inside build is so much nicer and I like new cars. With the deal I got I dont have the depreciation worry too!

Someone also said I have come on here and said ST's are better! Have they not read all my posts? Because I've never said that and I didnt start this thread. The ST s better for ME. The 182 or 172 just was no longer an option after the accidents and experiences with the older Clios and also the insurance difference on the 182 (not 172 though, oddly enough!)

I know you all love your cars etc etc, and like I said I still do love the Clios and the way they look. But I cant bring myself to buy another one.

clair dont worry i found the st to go round corners much better than my 172 and when i tested it it was quite damp and greasy. oh and i found the st a much much much nicer place to be than the 172

nobody would admit they like some1 elses car .........ford st a ok , its ur choice and with cossie upgrade u'll av pace as well .;)

looks quite nimble ...:cool: tbh

One with a few more
McBunny said:
clair dont worry i found the st to go round corners much better than my 172 and when i tested it it was quite damp and greasy. oh and i found the st a much much much nicer place to be than the 172
:) Glad I'm not the only one!

I really do understand the people who love their cars, I'd probably be defending the ST to the death one day. Its just I've spent two years surrounded everyday by the interior of two different Clios and I'm not bored of them. I just got into the ST and it felt so well put together and secure to me. And I know from our current fiesta 02 plate that it stays together much better! Both my 02 plate Clios were rattling and ticking about on the inside and in the engine bay. It wasnt only annoying but I could never find the cause! The fiesta being the same age has never had one rattle and we've had that car in bits!. the bigger boot will be nice for me too as I can fit both audio and shopping in!

One with a few more
hmm, lol. Renault have a much worse rep though! Ford make super engines (I'm now defending not because of my car but because my uncle engineers them!)
Think cosworth engine! The duratecs are very good engines and are easily modified too.

106 GTi
Claire said:
hmm, lol. Renault have a much worse rep though! Ford make super engines (I'm now defending not because of my car but because my uncle engineers them!)
Think cosworth engine!

Yeah think Cosworth, not Ford!

its not a ford engine by the way its a mazda engine :) its also not actually like the other duratecs. but its not a bad engine by all accounts and much cheaper and easier to tune than the f4r lump

One with a few more
McBunny said:
its not a ford engine by the way its a mazda engine :) its also not actually like the other duratecs. but its not a bad engine by all accounts and much cheaper and easier to tune than the f4r lump

that makes sense with Ford owning them or whatever.
I'd interested to test out the mazda Rx8 engine tbh, interested to see how something so different runs so well

One with a few more
Like the renaultsports then ;)
Course I did I bought one!
Again, I didnt start this thread, was just posting in it

106 GTi
Claire said:
Erm, learn some engineering history ;) Ford engineers worked on the cosworths hence its integration

Cosworth in Association with Ford, Cosworth being the important bit in the programme!

One with a few more
Of coursw it was. But it the cosworth/ford engines like the duratech r aor the older 50's ones werent solely cosworth creations. Ford engineers collaborate with cosworth now (more now than when the collaboration began) My uncle regularly has to go to northampton for weeks on end despite him being a 'ford' engineer.

actually ford owned cosworth well they did untill they sold it (still own cosworth motorsport iirc) the rest is owned by audi(vag) iirc

the first engine they did was a modified version of the ford 1000cc Kent engine. they then started doing engines for lotus for the seven and the lotus cortina.
then they had the bda, the yb (cossie) pinto 205 blocks also the 2.9 in the granada the wessex i think it was. also lots of GM cars and a few audi and rolls-royce have used them too oh and merc

and there is the f1 engines most of note i think is the dfv double four valve

so infact most cosworth engines are ford based and just tweaked by cosworth

Clio 172 mk2
Iain C said:
I looks like youve made up your mind...
For my pennys worth i wouldnt touch the st....it looks top heavy and a bit chav

Agree..no where near as pretty as the Renault...ST just looks like it's been penned by some kid with a copy of Max power nearby for reference.

Same goes for the Focus ST too